RN interview

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by navy-ash, Feb 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. what do i do if i get in the interview and go blank? could you get in out of determination and presentation alone?
  2. You won't go blank. Prepare carefully - read the threads pointed out to you - take notes as you read them - read through Navy News - you won't go blank.
  3. im just worried because i have read about what i need to know, like navy history and the type of work i will b e doing, but what would happen if i cant remember when it comes round to answering the questions?
  4. would that be an immediate fail?
  5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

A positive attitude, confidence, the ability to think on your feet, some verbal diarrhoea and a packet of chocolate suggestives go a long way... :thumright:
  6. have a pint before your interview :p you will have enough confidence then
  7. Yes I've always foung that reeking of alcohol makes a good impression on a propective employer. :roll:
  8. No the AFCO blokes/lasses expect you to be nervous, but "They haff vays of making you talk, nein?".

9. nipple clamps?
  10. No, they usually save them for their own 'entertainment' at tea breaks and the like.
    Only those who have undergone 'Rigourous Interviewing' could comment and they usually don't....survive.
  11. ahh i wondered why it was so congested in the waiting area of the AFCO.
  12. From some of the questions asked here, I think it's because people are using the AFCOs as a form of GPs Surgery.
    "Hello Chief, I've got asthma, flat feet, vertigo and eczema will I pass the medical?" :(

13. Just shows the lack of common sense in the yoof of today i guess.i had my interview last month and the PO who took it said that half the forms they get back in arn't even filled out correctly...is it that hard to fill out names and postcodes???!!! apparently so.
  14. What!! The RN discriminating against dyslexic Special Needs numpties?
    Surely a case for the HR hacks of the Legal fraternity.
  15. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Wearing no clothes.
  16. hiya. you dont have anything to worry about, just make sure you are prepared in all the topics you have been told to research on, life in the navy, what a job as a chef entails, what happens at Raleigh etc...

if you go in as prepared as you can possibly be you will feel a lot more comfortable and less likely to go 'blank'.

i had my interview back in october and i was just as nervous as you probably are. but as soon as it started i realised its more like a chat really, they just want to get to know what you have done with your life and you are the right candidate for the job etc...

i got asked a question that i didnt know the answer to and i simpy said 'im sorry i dont know the answer' he said that was fine and moved on. they dont expect you to know everything. that is what our training is for to teach us.
  17. Hi guys, I have my interview on the 9th March.

How long will it take to find out if you have got the job? Do you find out straight away if you failed the interview or medical?

18. "Get the job"! "Get the job"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you mean being accepted into an exclusive community offering an enviable career and unique way of life in the glorious service of your Queen and Country?

(Your turn Hig/Fink)
  19. Sadly that`s the way I see it in to-days Navy, a job, sign on then after a few years, is it four? They leg it and think that the world owes them a living.
  20. I do see it as an "exclusive community offering an enviable career and unique way of life in the glorious service of your Queen and Country" I wish to be a part of .

And it's incredibly pedantic of you to assume I just see it as any old "job" when you know nothing about my life, family, working background and hobbies.

However "get the job", is a shorter term than your so eloquently put 20 word sentence.

Now we've got past the politics of 3 words I happened to have used to desribe what actually happens when you "pass an interview." - can someone else a bit more constructive contribute?

Thank you