RN In The Pacific WW2

Discussion in 'History' started by Zero_impact, Aug 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all, can any anyone point me in the direction of some history books on the Royal Navy in the Pacific in World War2
    Any replies gratefully received.
  2. Library? Big building with loads of books in it, or you could try Waterstones. It's very similar but you have to pay for the books.
    :dwarf: :dwarf: :dwarf:
  3. Hi Zero_impact

There are so many, but i would recommend John Costellos - The Pacific War (1981). It would help if you could narrow the search, which particular aspects are you looking at?
  4. Hi I have this , Its a true Story.

GLENTON, BILL. Mutiny In Force X.
  5. Thanks for the recommendation. To narrow it down I would like to start with a broad operational overview and also possible operations with the US.
  6. Another good one, early Pacific theatre is 'Battleship, the loss of the PRINCE OF WALES and REPULSE' - Middlebrook and Mahoney (1977)
  7. Can recommend John Winton 's
    ''The Forgotten Fleet'' covers all the British operations and ships in the Eastern Fleet and the Pacific Fleets. Best part aswell its readable to make it interesting.

You may be able to get a second hand one quite cheaply -try Amazon
    its ISBN 0-9514480-0-5 my copy is the 1993 reprint.

:nemo: :nemo:
  8. Cheers guys thanks for the recommendations and as per Stepto recommendation I will try and find one of those libary things that he mentioned.