RN Divers break World Record for Sport Relief

Discussion in 'Charity' started by Naval_Gazer, Mar 18, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Faslane-based Northern Diving Group (NDG) is cycling on a fixed spinning bike underwater for a week to raise cash for Sport Relief. It broke the Guinness World Record of 163km for underwater cycling late yesterday and regular updates are being published on the team's Face Book page here.

NDG Sport Relief March 2014b med.jpg

Endorsements have been received from the Prime Minister and Sir Chris Hoy. The team is well on the way to achieving its fundraising target of £5,000 and donations can be made online via its Sport Relief page here.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Impressive :)

3. Divers not doing any work, hardly newsworthy ;)

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I suppose I can squeeze a grudging respect long enough to say "Well Done, top effort!":pirate:

Normal derisory comments will resume shortly, apologies for the break from tradition.

5. Just look at the colour of the water, the hair gel has made it all cloudy.... and I see a fake tan sheen on the glass.

6. That is a tank of hair gel, that's why it was a much harder record to break :)

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

7. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

That'll be a two way mirror. No way he's not admiring himself.

Er, good show.

8. I Just noticed they strapped a chunky watch to the outside with HBM. The weight of it is distorting his view of the outside world. Just like reading the daily mail.....

9. Downing Street Latest: Sport Relief: Simon from the Royal Navy’s Northern Diving Group

NDG member with PM Sport Relief Mar 2014 med.jpg

The team completed its epic week-long underwater cycling challenge yesterday afternoon after pedaling 1,001 miles, smashing a world record and raising almost £5,000 for Sport Relief. Mission accomplished.

NDG Sport Relief March 2014f med.jpg

You can still demonstrate your appreciation for their efforts via their Sport Relief page here.