RN Divers being slagged off on Arrse

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by 5dits, Apr 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Arrse

RR being slow this afternoon, have been forced to read ARRSE, this is fairly amusing.

2. Watched the TV report, Why does a RN WO Diver need to wear Camouflaged Clothing while looking for bombs in Felixstowe?

It does not appear to me to be either a combat zone or a place where you need to be camouflaged.

Nutty

3. Andy McDabber syndrome.

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Bufffer Two Zero... :roll:

(Actually he does exist... Sandy, anone?) :wink:

5. Used to tender Navy divers when in Pembroke in the 70s (JSBDS / DEODS in those days) - all they seemed to do was go on jollies to the States, and then claim for 'equipment lost on operations' when there ;) - odd thing was they always appeared to be in US combat boots/parka etc :scratch:

6. Quite right Nutty. One should always wear No.1s for bomb & mine disposal.

[​IMG]

7. Cos like all Corkheads he wants to look well hard.

8. SPB, do you mean the bloke that had his :duckie: tats removed for "selection", drove a Calibra turbo.....

9. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

I think Divers do a cracking job (I'm only a recreational diver myself) but it does amuse me with what they wear sometimes. Bless 'em though....

10. And have you seen the REDE (army divers) lads dressed up just to go to scran...... like an airsoft convention. How can you spot a REDE at Bovisand on a weekend? He's the one in the bright yellow t-shirt under a 20ft high banner with "REDE's are f**in nails", on it, with a loudhailer in case you're blind.

11. I wonder how much money we could save by making every tawt who chooses to wear CS95 unneccesarily wear the correct naval rig.

12. sgtpepperband

Weeelll, I wouldn't like to say. :wink: But I know his car was stolen and used in a hit 'n' run on Southsea seafront, resulting in the death of a young woman. Who's Dad happened to be a Senior Naval Officer. When Dad learned that the car was owned by a matelot he was gonna lynch him - until he found out it had been stolen and wasn't being driven by "B20"... 8O

13. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

Never mind that-just think of all the money we could save by removing unnecessary badges from CS95! An AB now has a RN tactical flash on his right shoulder, a Royal Navy Nametape on the right breast, a Royal Navy Epaulette on his chest and a Royal Navy beret.

Err, how many bloody hints do you want for someone to guess what service we belong to???

Mind you, some pongos still can't figure out what rank a PO is and salute me still! :D

14. sgtpepperband

Too bloody right - Senior Service, innit?! :thumright:

15. "Don't salute me, I work for a living"

16. That used to happen to us when I was in the ROC..... the Chief Observer's badge seemed to confuse the pongos who thought the wearer was a senior ossifer. :biggrin: Nice eating in the Ossifers Mess though! :)

An ROC Chief was the equivalent in rank to a naval PO....... though obviously lacking the gravitas of that esteemed rank.

17. Re: RN Divers being slagged off on Arrse (CONT)

ITV News

The story continues, still cant find it, they have brought the WO(D) in now, he has probably given the boys the "good news" about no weekenders till the bomb is found!

18. Haha.

Watch the clip here:

http://www.itvlocal.com/anglia/news/?void=180766

As well as camo gear, what are all those badges???? I can see a nice colourful RN logo on arm, RN nametape, para wings, WO slide, but what is that across the top of his arm? Royal Navy Commando? Its in the right place for it!

Oh well, he is the "expert".

19. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

Thats the whole point - when recent UK civil incidents have utilised RN personnel dressed in CS95 (because its more practical) - the powers that be (and the people involved) were dis-chuffed that they were branded "Army" because they were wearing CS95, so now all three Services have their own TRF's and Tag strips so that Joe Public can differentiate.

For my money CS95 is 100% better than 8s any day - more practical and there is an endless supply of it - couldn't give a monkeys about the colour/camouflage pattern.

20. Why is it when Jack dons a beret he never fails to make himself look like a prick, detailed instructions from Royal are obviously required?