RN counterpanes.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by rod-gearing, Sep 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Noticed on Downton Abbey on sunday night as they were making up the hospital beds they were using RN counterpanes. the type we had at Ganges.

Ive tried to get hold of one to replace the one I had years ago and lost but can't find them for love nor money.

I take it these arent used anymore.
  2. Great I will be unable to watch this now due to your callous spoiler! I hope you're happy!:slow:

I think AndyM has 1st dibs on any that come up in the UK.:-D
    It would make a great bidding war on e-bay.
  3. wal

wal Badgeman

H-in-Ds noticed them saying thats like yours (Anchorfacedbastard).
  4. Sorry about that, Bates comes back and slips Lady Mary a crippler
    before shagging his Lordship. Oops !
  5. White anchor or blue anchor up GI??? for rounds!!
  6. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Blue. (as far as I can remember!!)
  7. Still use them, I have one on my cabin. It is a nice mixture of brown and orange. I'm saving it for Mexican night. Here at CU you have to supply your own duvet.
  8. Those red, orange, brown jobs were gash, Ive seen thicker slices of salami.
    I far preferred my My Little Pony duvet cover and Smurfs eiderdown.
  9. I had the orangey brown one too.

Fuck know's what happened to it, I think I may have lost it when I went out one night dressed as my superhero alterego, Captain Counterpain.
  10. I think your right, memories of "boxing" the bed every morning are filtering through the mists of time.
  11. Damn! I now realise the reason we did'nt have them is because they would slip off the silken sheets we used in our hammocks!
  12. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hold on a moment - "...whilst watching Downton Abbey"?! Fecking hermer! :shock: :lol:
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Yeah i saw them as well and have made enquiries!
  14. Whilst looking for something else in my loft I spotted my old pusser's suitcase and decided to take a look inside to see what I have been hoarding for the last 30 years.Amongst my other "treasures" was a pussers blue counterpain.I cannot remember now why I hung on to it.Sorry but it's not for sale at present but keep an eye on ebay some time in the future.
  15. You mean one of these old beauties:-
    Courtesy of Whitemouse, (Good man - ex Cherry B).
    Sorry, that last one was a bit too big (Ooooh errr Missus!)
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  16. That's epic! I want one.
  17. You mean you have never used one??? Oh the innocence of youth. :-|
    • Like Like x 1
  18. We had them at Lympstonia, but the Corps didn't trust Royal enough with pretty things we couldn't wear once in a Unit:-D.
  19. I'll have you know I was tied to a chair and forced to watch it. I wanted to watch my favourite dvd Das Boot wasnt allowed.(Honest)
    • Like Like x 1
  20. I always thought that the browney coloured Counterpanes were for Sick Bays and RNH's. The blue and white were for general use. Or that is my recollection?