RN Counterpane

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Hurricanes, destruction, UK response, alleged genocide in Burma, Brexit, police morale, Kim Jong Un loving the Bomb, RN counterpanes,

Which is not Current Affairs?
Brexit - according to Arrse as the Mods moved all Brexit threads out of Current Affairs :p

All the rest would probably be fine! :D

wot the bed boxing or making your own bed? I bet the lying Twat at recruiting promised you a butler?
No smart arse, boxing the bed every morning, or doubling up and down the long covered way with my mattress over my head if not done properly or caught "slack hammocks" :) (only did that once, once bitten etc)

Happy daze!

Fisgard January 1975, label had 1974 issue so nearly brand spankers!!! First wife used it while painting when I was away, so a little bit marked (she wasn't, really....), then put away during second trip down the aisle, now on 3rd voyage and use it for the sun-lounger in the Summer here in Cyprus - once anchor-faced, always anchor-faced....LOL!!!!

We did something similar on Brave 1st commission for F4 inspection after commissioning in the watchkeeping clankies grot (2 tiffs, 2 mechs, great fun), Rainbow Bright (got my Dad to get them for us from Brentford Nylons in Coventry), what could they do, sack us?? Fleet MAA and our Joss went ape, F4 thought it a great idea so we carried on for the next 2yrs for every cabin inspection as we had F4's OK. Didn't go down well with Black Adder at FOST in 86(?) - shame he tossed our bunks, as we made him go back and remake them - oh sweet memories!!!!

No smart arse, boxing the bed every morning, or doubling up and down the long covered way with my mattress over my head if not done properly or caught "slack hammocks" :) (only did that once, once bitten etc)

Happy daze!
long covered way knew it well along with faith, hope & charity

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rod-gearing Diamond Lil's 23
rod-gearing The Gash Barge 23