RN Assistant Armourer

willsonline

Lantern Swinger
Evening peeps, can i ask for a bit of advice please...applied for an MOD position for an Assistant Armourer (civilian). Can anyone outline what they do exactly? I know they work under the "main" Armourer but is it like a mechanical craft post or is it more of a storekeeper job?

One of the "desireables" on the job advert was to have done the RN Small Arms Maintainer Course. Is this technical?

Cheers in advance!

One of the "desireables" on the job advert was to have done the RN Small Arms Maintainer Course. Is this technical?

Tell me you are having a laugh?

willsonline

Lantern Swinger
higthepig said:

Tell me you are having a laugh?
Nope.

What Im asking is - is it a role where you will be maintaining s/a or just storing them and moving them to the air head etc. bear in mind this is a civil serpant role? Excuse my lack of knowledge on this lol. But job app sounded more of a storemans role.

Im after advice not cheap shots.... :roll:

[quote="willsonline]
What Im asking is - is it a role where you will be maintaining s/a or just storing them and moving them to the air head etc. bear in mind this is a civil serpant role? Excuse my lack of knowledge on this lol. But job app sounded more of a storemans role.

Im after advice not cheap shots.... :roll:[/quote]

Yes all this plus cleaning, and fixing the buggers when they are broken :?

willsonline

Lantern Swinger
Topstop said:
[quote="willsonline]

Im after advice not cheap shots.... :roll:
Yes all this plus cleaning, and fixing the buggers when they are broken :?[/quote]

Thats me fcuk'd then as ive got no mechanical exp. LOL. :(

willsonline said:
Evening peeps, can i ask for a bit of advice please...applied for an MOD position for an Assistant Armourer (civilian). Can anyone outline what they do exactly? I know they work under the "main" Armourer but is it like a mechanical craft post or is it more of a storekeeper job?

Cheers in advance!
PMSL. You apply for a job not know whats expected!!!

Nice one.