RN Aircrewman Phase 2

CaptainA517

Midshipman
Hi all
Just a question really, half way through Raleigh and looking forward to phase 2 for Aircrewman. Had an Aircrewman from another division come and speak to a few of us today, he said that you get Leading hand whilst under phase 2 training but is unsure if it’s payed at the leading hand rate or if not as it’s classed as Acting Leading Hand and might be paid at the current pay rate.

If anyone could help that would be much appreciated.

Waspie

War Hero
Hi all
Just a question really, half way through Raleigh and looking forward to phase 2 for Aircrewman. Had an Aircrewman from another division come and speak to a few of us today, he said that you get Leading hand whilst under phase 2 training but is unsure if it’s payed at the leading hand rate or if not as it’s classed as Acting Leading Hand and might be paid at the current pay rate.

If anyone could help that would be much appreciated.
Check with your training staff. They will be able to get that information for you.

Rubs crystal ball!! I see a career as a pinger ahead of you!!!!

Waspie

War Hero
Thinking about this. ALACMN vs LACMN.

I would have thought logically they wouldn't make a DE a substantive LH straight from Raleigh. No experience. Something at the back of my mind, the OP will have to do the leg work on this one using the 'Search' function. Something is telling. me your not made substantive LACMN until you get your COC or Certificate of Competence. Very similar to a task book. (But don't quote me on the COC thing). Way after my time. COC's were issued when the squadron thought you were experienced. No task book in the Middle Ages!!!

Last edited: