RN Address?

Discussion in 'The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs' started by SnaggyBosun, Nov 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When filling an application form for a new job. What is the correct RN address you would use as present employer? Surely you can not use your present draft, especially if you have only been there a 'dog watch'.
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Assuming your potential employer wants a reference off your current employer, it's tradition to ask a person senior in rank to yourself, who you work for, or have recently worked-for, who is willing to vouch for you - if they say "yes", use their current name and address.

If your potential employer wants to know who you work for, then state you work in the Royal Navy and your current unit address.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...unless he is STC, in which case he should use a PO Box number. :evil5:
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

An amazing amount of people don't think to consider asking potential referees for their contact details and consequently MOD(Navy) gets lots of letters from potential employers asking about someone the recipient has no knowledge of. The other classic is "my referee has gone on draft, how do I contact them?", to which the reply is "Give in".
  5. Absolutely correct...references are a very important part of job seeking...it's vital that you make sure that the referee in question is aware that you'd like him/her to be said referee and that you're hoping that "x" employer may contact them in due course. I've had references for people that I've employed stating "Who?"
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  6. I am in the process of applying for my state pension and was wondering what address would cover 23 years of service. Any suggestions?
  7. JPAC Enquiry Centre
    Mila Point 465
    Kentigern House
    65 Brown Street
    Glasgow, G2 8EX
  8. Merci Sol, it is written.