RM's on murder charge

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Handler, Oct 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seven Royal Marines have been arrested over allegations of a murder in Afghanistan last year

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Rules of Engagement are made up by people in safe places who do not come into harms way.

Rules of engagement violations are investigated by people in safe places who get medals for being in harms way

People in harms way have to abide by rules of engagement, they do not have the luxury of hindsight, do not have the luxury of "what if" they do not have the luxury of knowing all the facts, they deal in here and now, they dont judge or presume, they deal in the present immediate danger.

If 7 Royal Marines have committed murder I'll eat my hat, the RMP and the other red tops (newspapers) are a real morale vortex.

3. Blobs can you lock this one now?, theres enough crap next door. I don't think anything good can be achived by leaving it open to gather more speculation.

• Like Like x 1
  4. our troops

I feel more compensation coming on,leave the troops alone i think all off ours boys should go on strike until they are looked after correctly.Put blair cameron and a few of the mummys boys out in the shit and see how they get on!!!

5. Wrong place mate, you're looking for the "Our Soljerz R heeroz" page on Facebook.

• Like Like x 4
  6. I know im going against the grain but I dont think this is a simple ROE infringement. I know people who have shot civilian children in the heat of the moment and the ROE more than covers there actions.
    This sounds like it might have some substance as much as some might not wish to hear that. Best to see what comes out in the wash.

7. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Until the evidence and facts have been made public, there is no point at all in speculating.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  8. So because they are RM they are incapable of being anything other than straight and narrow, law abiding, pillars of society?

9. Exfookingactly.

10. We all know this is not the case MLP.

11. I think this thread should be taken down before it does more harm than good

• Like Like x 1
  12. Why, It's the main news headline tonight and this is a forum for discussing naval topics.

• Like Like x 1
  13. The clue is in the heading...'Current affairs'

14. Unless a Mod is happy to stag on here and get rid of bellends it is probably safer locked.

Current affairs discussed on here is basically like discussing Quantum mechanics with a tree- Pointless yet strangely engaging.

• Like Like x 1
  15. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

All the appropriate views have been expressed. The fact that blokes are being investigated can be as much to provide exonoration as blame. Further speculation is pointless until more facts emerge.

For those wishing to indulge in the "Our lads are heroes/baby killers" type of posts, may I suggets The Sun/Daily Mail.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.