RMR Uniform bits

Discussion in 'RMR' started by Axel, Aug 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dear All

(I am new to Rum Ration so I apologise if this is in the wrong section)

After 10 years as an instructor with the Army Cadet Force I have finally seen the light and transferred over to th local Royal Marine Cadets.

Being somewhat of a perfectionist and wishing not to offend the corps by getting my new uniform wrong, please can someone advise the correct boots for wearing with uniform 1A? Is this the old style ammo boot? if so is it acceptable to wear a patent leather version?

In regards to mess dress, is this the same footwear or a shoe instead?

Also, does anyone have the fleet issue price list for Lovat & 1/2 Lovat dress items?

Many thanks in advance :wink:
    Axel

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Royal Marines are wearing heels this season, daaarling - so I imagine the Cadets must follow suit... :shock: :wink:

3. also:

1) Is the sash for SNCO's the same colour and the Army Infantry Red version? if so I have two that I can take to my new unit rather that selling on.

2) Where should the bottom of the trousers sit in relation to the boots? Its seema a daft questions but my existing uniform is worn with shoes so the hem is finished off closer to the ground/heel.

cheers

4. Should all be in the uniform BR...

5. thnks for the info but I havnt received any manual as of yet.

6. Correct as far as the Regular Corps goes.
    But ACSR2, Section 3 paragraph 4(c) Footwear, states ...."RM AI and Cadets shall not, in any circumstances, wear an item of footwear with a heel higher than 2.5 cm due to lack of training in high heel deportment as given to regular RMs."

7. But what if his mummy said it's alright, had you thought of that? 8O

8. Despite rumours to the contrary Queens word comes before mums. :wink: :twisted:

9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Perhaps The Queen is his Mum - maybe this is Prince Edward trying his hand at joining up again..? 8O :twisted:

10. You absolute fcuking horror, get ye to America and join their skanking Forces where such vile accoutrements are acceptable.

11. Seconded; tar and feather him with melted Kiwi.

I bet you'll be a really lazy conductor.