RMR Manchester

Discussion in 'RMR' started by Chicken, May 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey folks, I've been lurking for a while but thought I'd raise my head above the parapet as it were.

I'm looking into joining the RMR around Manchester and am under the impression that the best way forward is to give them a bell and see if I can pop along on a weekday evening.

However, I've tried to give them a ring a couple of times and got no answer. I was just wondering if any of the Manchester folks could let me know the best time to get in contact.

Cheers.

2. Welcome mate. There are a few ManDet lads around these parts, so hopefully you'll soon get the gen. :thumright:

3. Hello thur!

The way forward my fowl friend is to rock up this Tuesday evening, 19:30, at 215 Upper Chorlton Road, Manchester, M16 0BH (You can catch the 86 from Piccadilly Gardens it drops you off right outside the gate). Just press the buzzer and you'll be on your way! :afro:

Good luck!

4. Good stuff.

Cheers for the info chaps. It's probably not going to be *this* Tuesday (I'm stuck in another part of the country at the moment), but I'll hopefull toddle along very soon.

Cheers.

5. alabama_leprechaun is a beefer

6. Lets hope the Taliban dont get wind of this eh mate? :clown:

7. Hi all,

I'm based in Manchester (Wythenshawe) and looking to join RMR in the new year.

Is there a particular time of year to join (i.e. recruitment window) etc or can I show up on parade night, after ringing the detachment of course?

JN

8. Manchesters holding troop will be starting up in March - that will give you plenty of time to prepare for selection in Sept
    get the ball rolling now and call the Recruiting Sgt on 0800 783 9529