RMR Joining

Discussion in 'RMR' started by Jamessly1989, May 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys, First of all i am new to this site but am a member of both MFAT and Military forums too! I am very interested in joining the RMR, i have had transport difficulties previously and have only just finished final exams etc. Have sorted most of this now, and have got tried to get in contact with my nearest RMR depot which is Henley-On-Thames. Left a message yesterday but no one has got back to me as of yet. So wanted to post a few questions on here for a heads-up! Firstly, does anyone know when the next intake is for RMR Henley-On-Thames?? Secondly, just a curious question really but currently how long will the waiting list for operational deployment be by say the end of the year? Is it likely there will still be a waiting list in around 18 months? I know people will say walk before you run etc but this is purely out of curiosity! Any help would be great! :thumright:

Sorry for the long post

2. Hello James and welcome,

The next intake for Henley (Det of RMR London) will be on in July. Do not underestimate the selection weekend it is hard.

You will also need to have all your admin squared away before the weekend. This still gives you plenty of time as long as your fitness is of a reasonable standard. You may be able to get down the AFCO and start on the paperwork and speed things up a bit?

Good luck and in answer to your second question, operational tours have been planned well into the future so should you get the lid you will not have a problem in getting on one. You will be told the same at the presentation evening, which is usually the first Wednesday of each month.

All the best and keep us informed and if you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

3. Thanks Beowulf. I was wondering when the next selection is after that? I wont make this July one due to the fact that I won't have all my admin sorted by then and my transport has just become an issue again (Bloody car has broken down!! :twisted: ) So i think i will have to go on the next one.

4. Wulfy

Have you moved units mate?? Let me know as i have old oppos at Henley (including O.C) and am interested to know what they are up to.

PM me mate