rmr in london

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by tigger, Feb 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi guys i live in london and i am wanting to join the ta as a marine. I used to be in II para for four years and i am just hoping that you green lids wont be too jealous becoz ive already served with an elite unit of the british army

2. You were in the AGC?

3. yeah i had a look at that but at tha end of tha day its about doing not reading wots the point in reading a website if yore not goin to do it in real life, getup, in tha paras we never read we only did and thats how i ernd my maroon beret now im downgradin myself to a green one ha ha ha

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

MPGS, I think...

5. Ah, the Int corps then...

6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Bless, he wants to leave the paras so he can finally jump out of an aircraft. If you are in 2 para why don't you try joining the real 2 para? The RAF Regt are recruiting so I hear.

7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Paras just become Infantry once they hit the ground... :roll:

8. wet_blobby

Paras are HATs( Heliborne Assault Troops) now.

9. paras are more than infantry they are a way of life and its only once uv been in them can u understand that. after servin for too years im now wanting to leave the army and join the ta instead as a marien i live in hackney so it looks like ill be goin for london det

10. Good to see that the Parachute Regiments legendary literacy skills are being upheld by Tigger. :roll:
    Get yourself along to Jamaica Road sharpish, with a bit of help from the Schoolie and lots of time you may just be able to complete the application form before you're too old to sit the Recruitment Test.

11. wet_blobby

You may want to pay a little more attention to your maths in school tomorrow as well, you seem to get your numbers confused quite easily, or is it just your 2 x table you struggle with?

12. Right. Hello Mike Golden. (Or uninspired ARRSE wind up merchant)Do One you tard.
    In your first post you claim to have served 4 years now its 'too' (sic) and you live in Hackney, when did the 2nd battalion move there then? Or do you commute. :twisted:
    And it's Helmand, you donkey.

13. wet_blobby

3 para mortars by any chance? :wink:

14. Damnit. Outed. (ARRSE wind up merchant)

As you can guess I'm not really in 2 para nor do I aspire to wear a green lid (too much of a fat knacker), and I can actually spell. Hope you guys didn't take too much offence by calling you part of God's chosen arm, or scare you too much into thinking that some absolute mong was going to join you.

And top marks to NZ_bootneck by correctly identifying my source of inspiration as Mr. Golden!

15. wet_blobby

Oh, I was enjoying that. :(

16. I would have continued but it wouldn't have been funny any more. Sorry, blobbs!

17. boooo! Outed way too early!!!

18. EASYEASYEASY. To the Gash Barge.