RMR detachment question.

Discussion in 'RMR' started by foot_in_mouth, Jul 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello guys i'm new to this site but here goes........

I heard through the grapevine(no marvin gaye gags) that there is going to be a RMR detachment in Cambridge.

Could any of you please shed some light on this.

Thanks,

F_I_M

2. If you checkout the RMR london official MOD site there is indeed a comment made about a future new Det in cambridge. cant help you with any more than that but suggest you ring the unit direct.

NB

3. Thanks nutty_bag for pointing me in the right direction. Going to give them a call and see how it goes from there.

Are the RMR happy to take A-level students?

4. No problem

You will find that there are quite alot of students in recruit training and as long as you can give the commitment then you should be ok.

Link below for you

http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/server/show/nav.3010

5. Cheers NB

Looked on the website and it said that as part of the selection a 1.5 mile run has to be done on a treadmill. What time does this run has to be done in? I'm currently running just under ten minutes for a 1.5 run.

Also what does the holding troop involve?

I know it involves lot of physical exercise, but do you also do like fieldcraft training etc as well?

Apologies if this has been asked numerous times before.

Thanks

F_I_M

6. FIM, There are 3 pages of RMR topics and several of those have the word 'Holding Troop' in their titles. Give them a read and you will find the answers to your questions, including some you may not even have thought of.
    Harry

7. There is indeed plans to open a det in Cambridge and a location has already been scoped.

If you can get yourself into a briefing evening at RMR London. The next one is 1st August at 7:30pm.