RMR detachment question.

Hello guys i'm new to this site but here goes........

I heard through the grapevine(no marvin gaye gags) that there is going to be a RMR detachment in Cambridge.

Could any of you please shed some light on this.

Thanks,

F_I_M

foot_in_mouth said:
Hello guys i'm new to this site but here goes........

I heard through the grapevine(no marvin gaye gags) that there is going to be a RMR detachment in Cambridge.

Could any of you please shed some light on this.

Thanks,

F_I_M
If you checkout the RMR london official MOD site there is indeed a comment made about a future new Det in cambridge. cant help you with any more than that but suggest you ring the unit direct.

NB

Thanks nutty_bag for pointing me in the right direction. Going to give them a call and see how it goes from there.

Are the RMR happy to take A-level students?

Cheers NB

Looked on the website and it said that as part of the selection a 1.5 mile run has to be done on a treadmill. What time does this run has to be done in? I'm currently running just under ten minutes for a 1.5 run.

Also what does the holding troop involve?

I know it involves lot of physical exercise, but do you also do like fieldcraft training etc as well?

Apologies if this has been asked numerous times before.

Thanks

F_I_M

FIM, There are 3 pages of RMR topics and several of those have the word 'Holding Troop' in their titles. Give them a read and you will find the answers to your questions, including some you may not even have thought of.
Harry

There is indeed plans to open a det in Cambridge and a location has already been scoped.

If you can get yourself into a briefing evening at RMR London. The next one is 1st August at 7:30pm.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MOOSE RMR 14
W The Corps 2
L RMR 2