RMR coming to Belfast??

Discussion in 'RMR' started by eSeL, Apr 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Heard a rumour about this, was wondering if anyone can shed some light or dispell it?
  2. Sounds like a good idea, another way of improving the Navy's Profile in NI. Would tend to be cautious about discussing any Future NI deployments/developments.
  3. I don't think it's much of a security issue; however I thought that it may be a goer due to the high level of recruiting done lately, much more than any other service of late in N.I. Creating a reserve would be the logical step.
  4. Yeah, about time an RMR unit came to belfast, stick it in with the RNR Culdrose ship. Theres a whole little area there for circuit training and drill (plus a big enough deck on top if it's really bad weather). Plus the Marines took me out on a rigid from there once round Belfast loch for a spin. Good fun so it was.
  5. I take it you mean CAROLINE?
  6. Oops, I was reading that Yeovil v Culdrose thread before posting that.
  8. Sinbad... stop shouting ;)
  9. *bump*

Any new info come to light?? Keen to move over from TA.
  10. I havent heard anything along those lines I'm afraid!
  11. Yup it is definitely happening, will be a part of RMR Scotland. Can't give any more info than that though.

12. Aye there was an RN guy in college giving a Spleel and he said the RMR's comming to Belfast up in Caroline. Sometime in 2007.

"Edited for calling HMS Caroline Culdrose again hehe."
  13. any updates anyone? anyone know when recruitment starts?

anybody know what format training will take? eg, will most training w/ends take place in NI, or will we be training with our scottish/scouse counterparts?
  14. It is going to be part of RMR Scotland, so training will take place with the guys up here in scotland. This has happened for a good few years already, with the guys just attending weekends and no weds in between, however with a det in NI, i presume they will parade there on wed or whatever night is selected.

I was told recently more will be happening across the water come the new year.

15. cheers kiwi, its all rumour and conflicting reports at this end

if you hear anything else, keep me posted
  16. Will let you know if i hear anything more.

17. I'd be interested in it too, presumably something like this takes time to set up/red tape, etc - don't want to be sitting waiting an age on it like