RMR & Cliff Assaults ??

Discussion in 'RMR' started by miffta, Aug 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All Just a Quick question for anyone who knows the answer.

During training the Regs do the cliff assault & rope techniques training down at Foggin Tor. Do The RMR get to do this training?

Just wondering as i would really like to do this.

Cheers!

2. All rope techniques such as Roller Haulage and Rapid decent form part of the Commando Course. Therefore the answer is yes. Interestingly, although Roller Haulage can be used operationally the only time rapid decent is used is for the public.

3. Not as rapid as the German Sheperd that decided to join the bootie owner who had just abseiled over the edge many moons ago. It was at that point I realised they where not a intelligent species after all!! Guardian dog angel was on call that day only two broken legs. Stupid Mutt!!!

4. Foggin Torr?..... Starjump central

5. You would really like to do this????

Hhmm, as much as i did enjoy it, and i really did! You definitely have something wrong with you OR have not spent enough time with MLs OR and I reckon this is the likely one, have seen it on TV and don't realise that they cut all the best stuff (Wink) out.

Enjoy

K

6. (bit of topic but...)

Not as rapid as the German Sheperd that decided to join the bootie owner who had just abseiled over the edge many moons ago. It was at that point I realised they where not a intelligent species after all!! Guardian dog angel was on call that day only two broken legs. Stupid Mutt!!!

I agree

(you have to picture this one)

As a kid, me, the dog, and my buddy where messing about in an empty church house. I ran up the stairs where there was a glassless window directly ahead.
    (you guessed it)
    The dog excitedly follows me, and proceeds to jump out of the window.
    SHIT! said I.
    So I eventually plucked the courage to look out, expecting to see a splattered dog, only to find the lucky mutt staring back at me and lying on an old matress directly underneath
    :whew: