rmr age limits

Discussion in 'RMR' started by jakethesnake, Aug 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,
    I have just found out from a friend that a while back the upper age limit for the Royal Marines has been changed to 32 and 11 months...
    previously when the age limit was 28 i applied but unfortunately i was too late to process as it was coming up to my 28th birthday!
    the problem being now is im 34 in november and i realise there is no waiver at all for regular but there is up until 35 with the RMR with previous suitable military experience..which unfortunately i dont have but definately have the physical and mental capabilities to give 110 percent to getting in, as i train 5 days a week in boxing,circuits, running etc and my full time job is house removals...
    i have rang Bristol RMR a couple of times and left a message asking for info and if they could get back to me so i could see if there is any possibillity of getting my foot in the door and giving it a shot!
    i have not heard anything since i called a week ago so i am wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction or give me some honest advice on whether this is a possibility?
    Many Thanks
  2. Jake
    Bristol probably on Summer Leave right now , hence no reply.
    Bottom line is go for selection weekend if you impress the CO has the discretion on age
    best of luck
  3. JTS

Phone your local AFCO and ask them for accurate info (0117 929 0157) although as Moose said, the Boss has the final say if your outside the age limit.

4. Best of luck mate and go for it. Think positive and when in doubt BREW UP

5. Thanks guys for the advice...the phone rang this morning and it was a very helpful chap from RMR bristol...i explained my circumstances so he said the best advice would be to go along to a presentation evening at my local detatchment being Poole at 7.15 on the 5th of september...being the first wednesday of the month, see how it goes from there, so fingers crossed!!

RMR Bristol can be contacted on 01179 733523 EXT 219 or email on rmrbristol-recruiting @ a.dii.mod.uk
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Just to clarify the situation:

The maximum age to join the RMR is currently up until your 33rd birthday, the same as the regular RM, for "untrained" recruits.

The reference for this is (for those in the RMR) BR63A, article 0504.

Former RM & RMR Commandos & those with former military service in a trade required by the RMR, "may be considered for an age waiver under exceptional circumstances, at the discretion of the Director Royal Marines Reserve".

RMR Age Limits