Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RMC and SCC uniform

pvonh108

Hi, does anyone know when the RMC will be issued with MTP? There is not much info in regards to it. So detachments have been issued it, but none so far in X-ray company (3 troop). Is it true that the SCC will be issued a new version of no.4's similar to combats?
Sent from my RM-941_eu_euro1_217 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• article-0-12377969000005DC-694_306x573.jpg
    article-0-12377969000005DC-694_306x573.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 98

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Hi, does anyone know when the RMC will be issued with MTP? There is not much info in regards to it. So detachments have been issued it, but none so far in X-ray company (3 troop). Is it true that the SCC will be issued a new version of no.4's similar to combats?

Give it a chance, they haven't even been issued to the fleet yet!

Demob

Looking at the pic, it seems the old pusser's moneybelt (or something similar) is making a return.

AC.C

Midshipman
Well, we haven't been given any heads up, about getting the new 39's Combat uniform. According to Captains Questions in the last FLEET issue, it was branded ' Not suitable for Sea Cadet Use'. A little upsetting, better than the old woolly pullies, and itchy blues.

Looking at the pic, it seems the old pusser's moneybelt (or something similar) is making a return.

It's an army stable belt, except for some stupid reason they've removed the leather side straps and replaced them with metal clips (you know, metal, that gets hot when firefighting!), we've had them for years, though we've only worn them with CS95 DPM / PCS MTP before now.

As for cadets in the rig, well, the RN still needs knitting out, plus the RFA, certain members of the Royal Logistic Corps, 17 port and Maritime Regiment (there were members in Cyprus wearing 4's on their LCPs), before the SCC/ CCF/ any other cadet organisation that wears 4's gets them. My local Army cadets have been wearing MTP for years, as have the RM cadets I teach, the ATC are still in DOM due to supply chain issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil RMC Scotland: Royal Marines Commando Dinner - Glasgow - 13 June 2018 The Corps 5
S Best way to cancel RMC application Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Jehovah RMC Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 11
M Request: Hi-res picture from RMC advert Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
Steve Waterhouse Plymouth SCC. T.S.Golden Hind. 270 SCC and URNU 1
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp SCC Armed Guard Video - HMS EXCELLENT March 3rd 2019 SCC and URNU 1
K SCC instructor SCC and URNU 53
BARNEYRNSM SCC Field gun SCC and URNU 12
TheLegend27 CCF/SCC in RNR SCC and URNU 4
TheLegend27 CCF cadet doing SCC courses SCC and URNU 2
B SCC Officers The Quarterdeck 7
BARNEYRNSM LT CDR (SCC) Eddie Temple MBE RNR SCC and URNU 1
woody28 SCC PCS SCC and URNU 7
I SCC Rating and Officer? SCC and URNU 2
Waspie Christchurch SCC Boss Wanted! SCC and URNU 5
H SCC RM DET New Instructor SCC and URNU 3
Captain Morgan SCC AI interview. SCC and URNU 19
C Still serving RAF SNCO interested in helping SCC SCC and URNU 17
T SCC promotions SCC and URNU 9
Capn_Pugwash SCC makeover - what a *^%$£& waste of time and money SCC and URNU 14
Scouse_Scribes SCC Team to walk Hadrians Wall in aid of H4H SCC and URNU 0
ajmarson Would I be any good to the SCC? SCC and URNU 14
P Did I see CCF / SCC Instructors in CS95's or just walts? SCC and URNU 3
P Officer in the RMR scc then onto regular RM Officer SCC and URNU 3
B Epic SCC Voyages SCC and URNU 18
B Ex Captains/Comadores of the SCC SCC and URNU 1
B SCC Training Schools SCC and URNU 30
P Windsor SCC SCC and URNU 2
P Regular to SCC SCC and URNU 32
B The SCC-SASCC Cadet Exchange SCC and URNU 6
S RNR and SCC SCC and URNU 9
B SCC HQ: Beasting is banned SCC and URNU 65
B WW2 Uniform Id help required History 17
mick1199 New uniform replacement for PCS The Quarterdeck 10
A Trying to identify a uniform History 21
B Wetsuit replacement for normal uniform Diamond Lil's 54
RavingLunatic Uniform Woes RFA 11
D Help - Uniform ID Please History 17
C Uniform Help The Fleet 10
A Colours for the No.7 Tropical Undress Uniform circa 1938/9 RMR 2
soleil i: "'A Fitting Tribute': Second World War Hero's Uniform Pride Of Place On HMS Prince of Wales" History 2
MoD_RSS The Education Secretary's response to Lord Tyrie's letter about school uniform MoD News 0
klgreload Wearing the uniform in public The Fleet 3
B Exactly What uniform is given to you at hms Raleigh? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
J WW1 RNR T Uniform Help History 10
Stokes12 Uniform and Equipment SCC and URNU 4
S Where to get new uniform items? RFA 10
Maeday Wedding Uniform Nearest & Dearest 27
J Funeral Uniform The Quarterdeck 9
MoD_RSS News story: MOD and Royal College of Art collaborate on cutting-edge new uniform MoD News 0