RM training to RN training

My brother is having a tough time in training for the Royal Marines and is in his last chance to pass an arduous exercise. If he fails this then that’s him out. He is super keen and loves what he’s doing. If he does fail then can he transfer immediately to the Royal Navy and start training again with them?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
My brother is having a tough time in training for the Royal Marines and is in his last chance to pass an arduous exercise. If he fails this then that’s him out. He is super keen and loves what he’s doing. If he does fail then can he transfer immediately to the Royal Navy and start training again with them?
Tell him to get a bloody grip! Failure is not an option and every exercise is pretty arduous, but if it's Final Ex then he really is up against it because those that pass it are pretty much going to achieve their goal, injuries aside.

Can he transfer direct to the RN? Feasible in theory but training fails usually get discharged then must apply afresh as determined by the timescale set by the PSO. My tip? If he does fail, which I genuinely and sincerely hope he doesn't (Today being the Corps Birthday, too!), then do not burn your bridges in a fit of pique.

Good luck to him. Seriously.

Happy for him to pm me direct if he needs a few pointers.