RM Shoulder Op and Depression

Just submitted my medical forms.

1. When can I expect a triage call?
2. I wrote extensively about a latarjet shoulder operation in March 2017 (which has been fine ever since). Should this be okay?
3. In my extensive writing, I totally forgot to mention I was on antidepressants for about a year (ending in March 16ish). Can I add this at triage and how likely is it to affect joining?

I am looking at officer entry, September 2019.

Thanks,
C

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
It's probably a question best answered on the Potential Royal Marines Commando Forum, assuming they haven't already been asked & answered: https://www.royalmarines.uk If they have been raised, then asking elsewhere is unlikely to elicit a different or more favourable response.

Triage calls are announced by email, usually about two to four weeks after the completed medical questionnaire and optician report form are received and forwarded by the AFCO.

In most cases surgical procedures need to be about 12 months clear to hopefully ensure the condition is stabilised, fully recovered and unlikely to recur.

The medical questionnaire specifically asks the question about mental health issues, so it is somewhat remiss to forget, but still recoverable. Failure to disclose can result in discharge, so the triage call would be the ideal opportunity to disclose the facts and avoid discharge upon entry. Long-term prescribed medication for depression will almost certainly require fuller detail from your GP.

Best of luck.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Thanks for the reply. I'm assuming they get full access to medical records then?
On your medical questionnaire you sign a declaration permitting full access to your medical records.

The service has a duty of care to safeguard the wellbeing of the individual and those that may rely upon them in times of extreme physical and mental duress, in "life or death" situations unlike any routinely experienced in most types of civilian jobs.