RM requirements

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Clem, Feb 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi I'am Clem. I'am 20 years of age and have a german passport (u can take the piss if you want...lol :thanks: ). I lived in England for nearly 10 years now and my dream would be to join the Royal Marines. Would I need to apply for British Citizenship or am I eligible to join.

Many thanks for information and answers!
  2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Do you have blonde hair, blue eyes and is your grandad the father of the babe in abba?
  3. hahaah i dnt quite suit the description. but could you answer my question plz.
  4. wet_blobby

I cant answer your question fella, whilst you were strutting your stuff in daddys ballbag I was still banned from even entering germany because we where classed as storm troopers.
  5. hahahahah thats why I respect you for that. Do you know any links I can go to to find out?!

6. I think the only requirement for being German is that you don't switch sides half way through a fight.. Or is that Italian? All Europeans are the same.
  7. Nahh i think the requirement is that you dont round up the jewish members of your troop, put them in a pen and mistreat them :thumright:
  8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You've gotta quesion their politics, but their uniforms were kinda cool... :twisted:
  9. She does it for me :biggrin:

In fact it's a still from 'Downfall' (German: Der Untergang). A superb film. :biggrin:
  10. wet_blobby

You just want to hold her pigtails whilst kicking her back doors in you filthy b'stard :thumright:
  11. SPB, I think mine's a little more realistic. And if I found her next to me in my gun battery on the evening of 5 June 44 it could be the last, I mean, the best night of my life :)
  12. lol u must be really bored on forums like these. were u get them pics from?
  13. Im thinking google images =D

Clem - quick question, why british military and not german?
  14. I lived in England basically all my life (well the important part....!) I feel more English than german. I wanna serve Britain. It's a way of saying thankyou of what a great nation it is and what great people I got as my friends :thanks:
  15. This may help Clem, Ninja is an armed forces recruiter.
  16. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Got 'em from 'The Gronk Board'. Your Mum send 'em to me. Laminated, too... :wink:
  17. See Here

It looks like you would be required to attain citizenship. It looks like you meet the criteria to be naturalised see HERE
  18. Thanks very much for all your help and information. Does anybody know how long the application process, to beome a british citizenship, takes?

Once I have my british citizenship, will I be too old to join the British military (Royal Marines)?

Many thanks! :thumright:
  19. if you can collect 5 tokens from cornflakes boxs you can have a passport i think.