RM requirements

Hi I'am Clem. I'am 20 years of age and have a german passport (u can take the piss if you want...lol :thanks: ). I lived in England for nearly 10 years now and my dream would be to join the Royal Marines. Would I need to apply for British Citizenship or am I eligible to join.

Many thanks for information and answers!

wet_blobby

War Hero
I cant answer your question fella, whilst you were strutting your stuff in daddys ballbag I was still banned from even entering germany because we where classed as storm troopers.

I think the only requirement for being German is that you don't switch sides half way through a fight.. Or is that Italian? All Europeans are the same.

SPB, I think mine's a little more realistic. And if I found her next to me in my gun battery on the evening of 5 June 44 it could be the last, I mean, the best night of my life :)

I lived in England basically all my life (well the important part....!) I feel more English than german. I wanna serve Britain. It's a way of saying thankyou of what a great nation it is and what great people I got as my friends :thanks:

RM Website said:
To be eligible to be processed, at the time of application, a candidate must be a British citizen, or a citizen of a Commonwealth country, or a citizen of the Irish Republic. Also certain career paths are only available to British citizens. Asylum seekers are not eligible for entry into the Naval Service.
See Here

It looks like you would be required to attain citizenship. It looks like you meet the criteria to be naturalised see HERE

Thanks very much for all your help and information. Does anybody know how long the application process, to beome a british citizenship, takes?

Once I have my british citizenship, will I be too old to join the British military (Royal Marines)?

Many thanks! :thumright: