RM Mountain and Arctic Warfare Cadre

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by watch_and_shoot, Nov 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ive been trying to get hold of a series filmed in Scotland and Norway, that shows the selection and training of Marines in the Mountain and Arctic Warfare Cadre. It was originally shown on Discovery Channel a few years back and I havent seen it since.

Ive googled it, checked ebay, asked around and even contacted the Discovery Channel, who said they had the rights to the series but couldnt sell a DVD copy. Ive asked when its going to be back on but have not received an answer.

This is a cracking series and I really want to get hold of it. If anybody can point me in the right direction or loan it to me to copy, Id really appreciate it.

Cheers

Spenny

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Try the Corps PR Department, perhaps? Or the Corps Assoc. Sec, or someone at the RM Museum at Eastney?

3. Cheers SPB. I will give that a bash.

I managed to get "Commando - 638 Troop" VHS vids online but just cant seem to get this anywhere.

4. I remember watching the series, it was brilliant. One bit always sticks in my mind was the bit they let them loose on escape & evasion and the big guy had to be controlled with a rifle butt on the head, I think it was the only way they could get him to submit. Wouldn't like to upset him...

5. The Film footage you are looking for is called "Behind The Lines" it was filmed in the 1980s. In the 1990's, they released a follow up called "Behind The Lines, Ten Years on".

A knew a few of the guys in that film.

Good Luck with your search.

Greendeath

6. I felt sorry for the poor farmers wife looking for her pussy little did she know it made grand eating. When the lads where asked if that had seen her pussy no comments where made. Not on film anyways!! She should have spotted the latest Davey Crockett hat should she not.

What a difference ten years makes. It was good viewing and typical corp.

7. That was C. Stone. He was as hard as Iron.

Greendeath

8. Greendeath

Cheers for the info mate - knowing the titles will be be a massive help. I will let you know how I get on.

Re the lad that had to get a rifle butt the head to subdue him...............I remember watching that and at the time thinking: Fck me - if thats how they treat their Oppos, imagine the damage they would do to the enemy!!

Hard as nails!! :twisted:

9. Yes I remember that too. The guy who got mullied was an oppo of mine.

He just laughed. He thought it was funny.

Cheers

Greendeath

10. if they so much as looked sideways at my cat they'd be in the emergency ward

You never upset an animal lover!!!

11. Yeah cheers for that..... gimp.