RM medical records

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by theclows, Aug 15, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone, i'm applying for the royal marines from overseas,where i have lived for the past 10 years, about 8 months ago i went to my doctor in my country of residence with lower back pain. My question is what happens if i don't tell them about it?will they have access to my medical records from overseas? or just the ones from when i lived in the uk?

2. JCT

JCT Badgeman

If you don't tell them about it, it could flare up on operations making you dead weight and potentially getting one of your oppos killed, so there's that.

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

When you fill out your Medical Questionnaire, you sign a consent form for the service to access your civilian medical records (regardless of country of residence).

An undisclosed medical condition which comes to light in training (rest assured it will in RM Recruit Training!) which is subsequently found to be a pre-existing but undisclosed condition can result in dismissal.

Ultimately you risk everything by failing to declare when in fact, the condition may not necessarily be a bar to service in any case. Your shout.

4. Ok thanks for the rapid response, is going the doctor once for lower back ache going to be a problem?also i had TB when i was 15.

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I doubt a "one off" back ache will be a significant issue however for TB your best bet is to see what @nemesis1066 has to say on the subject.

Best o'luck.