Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*** RM Jobs help/advice needed please ***

Young_Spike

Midshipman
Can anyone help me,
im thinkin of goin to uni and medical school to become an RM med officer
then taking my all arms C course.
but as a medical officer in 3 cdo brigade would i be shoved in a field hospital or would i be on the ground with a rifle as i would prefer.
im really unsure what to do as i just want to be a marine but also want to do the med officer side of things too.

Any help/advice please
YS

dunkers

War Hero
No doubt you've thought of this yourself but I would suggest you visit your Armed Forces Careers Office, even if you just go in and ask informally, because they will have all the latest and accurate info.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Menace

Badgeman
There's one major criteria you have to accomplish before joining the Booties and that's to have your brain removed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Young_Spike

Midshipman
ive been to the careers office and unless your signing up there and then theyre pretty unhelpful.
i want to know that if your a medical officer in 3 cdo brigade do you still get to go on patrol, run round with a gun, blow shit up etc etc if im going to be stuck in a field hosp i may aswel join the NHS?

YS

AuldYin

Badgeman
Young_Spike said:
ive been to the careers office and unless your signing up there and then theyre pretty unhelpful.
i want to know that if your a medical officer in 3 cdo brigade do you still get to go on patrol, run round with a gun, blow shit up etc etc if im going to be stuck in a field hosp i may aswel join the NHS?

YS
I think you will find that RM Medical Officers (who are actually All arms trained RN Officers) will be more concerned with treating the sick and dying and not running about blowing shit up etc.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Stamp duty holiday continues to help hundreds of thousands of jobs after further 21.3% boost in September MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Rishi's Plan for Jobs will help Britain bounce back MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Women pick jobs closer to family over bigger salary - as government promises to help them reach their financial potential MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Traineeships help young people to access jobs and further study MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 10,000 Work Coaches boost Britain’s jobs army MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £180m Army vehicle contract protects 700 Glasgow jobs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UKEF supports offshore wind deal in Taiwan and UK green jobs with £200 million MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Almost 20,000 jobs protected by Film & TV Production Restart Scheme MoD News 0
M What jobs spend the most time on the bridge? Joining the Royal Navy 14
MoD_RSS Funding for new checks on animal products creates 500 jobs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Student Loans Company responds to Skills for Jobs white paper MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Kickstart moves up a gear with over 120,000 jobs created so far and government making it even simpler for employers to join MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pioneering reforms to boost skills and jobs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Export Finance unlocks trade to Egypt and supports UK jobs with £1.7bn guarantee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government tackles late payments to small firms to protect jobs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £4.6 billion in new lockdown grants to support businesses and protect jobs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister welcomes significant uplift in key public sector jobs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Boris Johnson to visit India to boost jobs and prosperity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government sets out plans for clean energy system and green jobs boom to build back greener MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £2.4 billion munitions deal secures thousands of UK jobs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Spending Review to deliver jobs and infrastructure for Wales MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chancellor's Spending Review will deliver Jobs and Infrastructure for Northern Ireland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM’s record defence pledge to protect Scottish security and jobs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £80 million fund for green jobs and new national parks to kick start green recovery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New rail tech roll-out set to bring more reliable journeys and boost jobs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM outlines his Ten Point Plan for a Green Industrial Revolution for 250,000 jobs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New national parks and thousands of green jobs under plans to build back greener MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK government launches taskforce to support drive for 2 million green jobs by 2030 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 19,000 jobs created by Kickstart Scheme so far MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government investment in homes and jobs tops £1.8bn to support a housing-led recovery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Millions of jobs will continue to be supported as Job Support Scheme launches MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK and India agree to strengthen economic relationship to boost jobs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chancellor statement to the House – Plan For Jobs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Plan for Jobs: Chancellor increases financial support for businesses and workers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Greener homes, jobs and cheaper bills on the way as government launches biggest upgrade of nation's buildings in a generation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS House sales rise following introduction of stamp duty holiday supporting nearly 750,000 jobs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Official figures show that the furlough scheme has worked: saving jobs and helping more than half of employees back to work already MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Bill introduced to protect jobs and trade across the whole of the United Kingdom MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK diners eat 100 million meals to protect 2 million jobs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New prison to create jobs and boost economy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £27billion roads investment to support 64,000 jobs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government supports over 936,000 jobs across Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government invests £150,000 in Scottish research projects to boost jobs and create skills MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £30m Sellafield Ltd contract will create jobs and boost local economy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Firm’s investment will sustain jobs and make Sellafield safer, sooner MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £1.3 billion investment to deliver homes, infrastructure and jobs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Apprentices to get jobs boost MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government acts to protect jobs in every part of the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government supports nearly 900,000 jobs across Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Summer Statement delivers plan for jobs in Scotland MoD News 0