RM Headgear

Need some help...
I am trying to determine the name of the "watch cap" style soft hat that Royal Marines wear. Not the Beret, but the cold weather field cover.
Thanks,
Jeff

Not sure...I watched a documentry on RM training and the recruits were wearing it in the field before they got their Berets. Would you have a picture of the hat you're describing?

Benny687

Lantern Swinger
If your on about what I think you're on about, its called a Cap Comforter. Traditionally worn by any soldiers undergoing commando training.

are the cap comforter hats worn by RM reruits sewn shut at one end?

every pic ive seen them in they dont seem to be folded down to one side.

or am i just seeing things?

SOOPAMAN said:
are the cap comforter hats worn by RM reruits sewn shut at one end?

every pic ive seen them in they dont seem to be folded down to one side.

or am i just seeing things?
Short answer is no mate. You learn to fold and then iron them so that they stay in place!!

NZ_Bootneck said:
Feck me, he should get a Mud Run for the way he's wearing that!
Pongo/Civvie/Muppet.
Kinell! that's the thing we 'G'Spot baby sailors used to wear on expeds, all it is, is a bl**dy scarf (the comforter) folded a couple of times and stuck on the head.
Looked damned silly with white tape and your name sewn in red silk on the side when we did wear it. :oops:

I thought it were something really 'in your face' killer bootie headgear ! :(

The cap comforter is only worn by Recruits during the Commando phase of Training, once all the Commando Tests have been satisfactorily completed it is exchanged for the Green Lid of the steely eyed death dealin' Sprog Marine.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D History 26