RM Band CTCRM Charity Event 2010

Discussion in 'Charity' started by SJRM_RN, Jan 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Royal Marines Band of CTCRM, Lympstone will be embarking on a charity event starting from Jan 25th.

The event outline is as follows:

the members of the band will be swimming/running/cross training/rowing/cycling 10,000 miles in 10 weeks, between 50 members of the band.

Each participant will have to complete 20 miles a week (not much for a cyclist, but no picnic for the runners, when you take normal work routines etc into consideration)

The event will culminate with a team of around 10 runners entering the Taunton Half Marathon on 11th April 2010.

We have chosen 2 charities to benefit, in equal share, from the proceeds raised - BLESMA and the Royal Marines Charitable Trust, both very worthy causes.

If you would like to donate to the event please PM me and I will give you details of how you can go about it (there will be no JustGiving page for this event).

Thanks for looking and if you can spare a few coppers/quid it would be very much appreciated.

I love you ALL (well, most of you!)

:D :D :D :D :D

2. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Read that PM Jim, I'll sort it out.

3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

£20 quid ok?

I have a few err..payments to make this weekend mate, PM me details and I'll get the missus to sort it after I go back to work tomorrow.

4. Well done, StixJim - you've done brilliantly and for two excellent causes.

Now sit down and chill with a glass of something nice.

5. wet_blobby

No worries, sorry it took so long to reach you.

6. I'd blame the pigeon strike fella

7. wet_blobby

Good effort Jimbo.