River class lease

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by Not_a_boffin, Dec 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Strong rumours circulating that HM Ships Tyne, Mersey & Severn will be handed back to BAES in the near future. Part of PR12 or duff info?
  2. Duff info from what I'm lead to believe

Every turn of the shaft is a new adventure. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. A public internet forum would hardly be the place that I'd discuss PR12 options. Sounds like a recipe for dodgy Pompey News front pages to me.
  4. Well, SDSR10 announced that 22 Vessels, including the Rivers, Hunts, Sandowns, Echo Class and Scott, would be replaced by 8 new ships. It's got to start at some point....
  5. Industry rumours, NOT anything seen or discussed officially.
  6. Served on the old River Class Frigate HMS Meon in the Persian Gulf in 1961. Rust bucket but a real ship
  7. And your point is?
  8. Surely anything that floats, has engines and watertight bulkheads is a "real" ship?
  9. It would not have burned like the tragic aluminium clad vessels in the Falklands
  10. Shame it didn't while you were on it you sockpuppeting beagle scrotum.
  11. Your all heart Monty....such sentimentality is humbling to behold.....Man up for fucks sake....:-D
  12. Thats Monty,

Just showing his usual all due respect to anyone equal/older/senior to his goodself...:slow::evil4:
  13. Civvies aren't senior to anyone serving.

And it's nothing personal, I just find the majority of Servicemen who left prior to 1982 duller than instructions for a laminating machine.
  14. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

"duller than instructions for a laminating machine."

Clearly you never purchased the Swedish X rated human size laminating machine for their fetish industry...
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Woah, woah, woah.

That isn't in my banner catalogue.
  16. Purple_twiglet

"Woah, woah, woah.

That isn't in my banner catalogue. "

Its a very special, laminated and easy clean catalogue - sort of like the magazines your wife regularly appears in ;-)
  17. This gets worse, I have a wife?
  18. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Have you forgotten? She's currently under the M6 toll.
  19. Purple_twiglet

"This gets worse, I have a wife? "

Well lets take a look at the evidence of the MLP households xmas card pictures & annual letter...
    "While we had high hopes that 2011 would see an improvement in MLPs behaviour, his antics in the SR's mess meant he spent a lot of time in the 'naughty corner' and was eventually punished with a posting to Cornwall."
    "Meanwhile Mrs MLP continues on her diet, and has high hopes of being named 'mong ****** monthlies' (AKA RNAS Culdroses SR mess) 'slimmer of the year' by the range of assorted perverts, dribblers and other members of the SRs mess.'
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Tisk, tisk......you have been moving in the wrong circles 'Young-star'....sounds like over exposure to current day Writers/Stores ratings and Stewards by your own admission.

Have had a few memorable runs ashore with oppo's from my 'Steam Driven Navy' days....

Are we of a different era? Course we are....different navy? probably.....Splitter free zone? definitely.........enjoy a good piss-up? .... most certainly! No 'Ipods' in those days to get teary eyed about.....or worry about upsetting someone's PC sensibilities. Like I said, different times, different rules......

I have rubbed shoulders with a few present day Matelot's....and once a few pints disappear down their necks I found little had changed.......Getting shiters levels the rolling deck considerably!
    Enjoy...thank you for your service.....:toothy2:......and like I said, say what you mean, for fucks sake - and promise me you will 'man-up' ....:-D