Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RISK....advice needed.

The little buggers have gone to bed and this is the story so far.

I have Australasia but defend it at Indonisia (same continent)

I have South America but have pushed out my defence to North Africa and Central America.

I am pitted against a team of highly skilled military strategists. (O.K teenage girls) Losing would not be good.... :oops:

The game restarts tomorrow afternoon.

What do you reckon, go for North America or Asia first?

Cpt_Black

Lantern Swinger
Ha, when I read the first 2 lines I thought it was going to be about a court case in Indonesia! Teach me to wake up properly!

I would reinforce your defences in Oz to try and stop anyone else kicking you out there. Similarly in Brazil, then push up through N. America. I like to sweep up in a good old fashioned line over a few goes. Taking the whole of the Americas is good because they only have 3 borders to protect.

Sorry Blobs, I didn't realise you were being serious. In that case, I recommend consolidating your forces in Patagonia before using the 5th variation of von Clauswitz's triumviral thrust to take Central America. But make sure you don't over-extend your logistics chain. You could then adapt Alexander's ploy (as modified by the 1923 Tintagel Conference) to launch across the Gulf of Mexico into Florida before applying Stalin's scorched earth technique up the East Coast to link with Canada. Finish off by using Cortes's Leap to extend westwards to the Pacific and Bob's your uncle.

You'll no doubt be pleased to hear that I make no charge for initial consultations.

TeeCeeCee

Lantern Swinger
Are you playing that game in James bond? The one where it zaps you when you loose?

Respect!!! I'm a cissy when it comes to pain and I can't even do 'knuckles' with cards!

[I'm sitting her thinking is W-B the hardest gal in the RN? and I'm quite disturbed how much I enjoy that thought! :) ]

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Consolidate defence then into North America. Asia's just too hard to keep.

Edited to add, can't believe we're posting Risk tactics on here! :lol:

Polto

War Hero
Defo take the US first. It's easy to hold on to Oz as the avenue of attack is strictly limited. Creep up the US whilst building up forces in OZ. This will allow you to make a two pronged attck on Asia later.

onions

GCM
Be aware that jounos often trawl this site in order to produce crap newspaper articles. WB's plan to dominate the World, with the help of others, could be misconstrued as a plot against humanity!

I lost...... :oops:

But in my defence I was winning but decided on a kamikaze charge of the mong battalions from OZ and Brazil taking out most of Africa, Asia and Europe in a oner which left me dangerously exposed to counter attack.

C'mon, dads are meant to lose arent they? Trouble was I had to take them out for a meal for losing.... :cry:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS FCA climate risk plans welcomed by Pensions Minister MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Landmark legislation helping people at risk of homelessness MoD News 0
MoD_RSS River maintenance works to reduce flood risk at Clayton West MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA updates competition law risk guide for managers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sheffield river maintenance works to reduce flood risk MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ‘Aid Convoy’ removed from register and trustees disqualified after management failings put charity at undue risk of associations with terrorism MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New payment for people self-isolating in highest risk areas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Taking action on climate risk: Improving governance and reporting by occupational pension schemes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Britain’s pension schemes lead on climate risk MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government takes action to manage surface water flood risk MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for evidence: Second Annual Inspection of ‘Adults at Risk’ in immigration detention MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Environment Agency offers online consultation on next phase of the £25m Carlisle flood risk management scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Health and care workers to self-isolate on return to England from high-risk countries MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Health and care workers to self-isolate on return to UK from high-risk countries MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Flood Risk Management Scheme ongoing in West Cumbria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Major new campaign encourages millions to lose weight and cut COVID-19 risk MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Excess weight can increase risk of serious illness and death from COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tax credits deadline: customers at risk of losing out MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ancient mosaic from Roman Dorset at risk of export MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Incredibly rare maps of the defeat of the Spanish Armada at risk of export MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Outstanding Roman figures of Celtic Hounds at risk of export MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Self-isolation lifted for lower risk countries in time for holidays this summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Leeds trial using nature to reduce flood risk gets on its marks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Annual project to reduce coastal flood risk in Lincolnshire starts in June MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £11m Caton Road, Lancaster Flood Risk Mitigation Scheme continues in line with Covid-19 guidelines MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Clamping down on risk of unsafe PPE MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over 1 million food boxes delivered to those most at risk from coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Inspection report published: Annual inspection of ‘Adults at Risk in Immigration Detention’ (2018–19) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over half a million food packages delivered to those at risk MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Non-Executive appointment to MOJ Departmental Board and Chair of Audit and Risk Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus (COVID-19): increased risk of fraud and cybercrime against charities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prison estate expanded to protect NHS from coronavirus risk MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Measures announced to protect NHS from coronavirus risk in prisons MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Smokers at greater risk of severe respiratory disease from COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A trial using nature to help reduce flood risk hailed a success MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Major new measures to protect people at highest risk from Coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over-70s and at-risk Brits advised against travelling on cruise ships MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Charity operating in high-risk areas ‘reckless’ with charity’s money MoD News 0
M Risk Assessment of Military Exercise on Vessel The Quarterdeck 13
MoD_RSS Regulator highlights areas increasing the risk of non-compliance before new Rent Standard is in force MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DASA seeks innovative ideas to mitigate radar risk of windfarms MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Environment Agency staff working 24/7 to protect people as severe flood risk continues MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ghana Mission visit Tokyo for Disaster Risk Reduction Workshop on 28-31 January 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS World's first timing centre to protect UK from risk of satellite failure MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Heavy rain increases South East flood-risk MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sledge and flag from Shackleton’s Nimrod expedition at risk of being lost abroad MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Unique 300 year old scientific drawings at risk of leaving the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS “Trustee put charity at risk”, says regulator, after terrorist financing allegations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Oxfordshire wood-chipping company caused fire-risk MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Flood risk: Settled weather improves outlook MoD News 0