RIP Ronnie

My RIP was a sarcastic one janner (no emoticon for that), I've no time for a thief who does a runner then comes wheedling back to the UK to live off the state because he's run out of money.

I suppose his son will be claiming citizenship now. The bloke was a thief and has taken every british taxpayer for mugs.

Looking forward to seeing Babs Windsor whoring herself with London's elite of bad boys.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Met him in 77, he was just after any angle to make dosh as the Brazilians let him stay but would not let him work. Obviously return to UK when his cons ran out and the medical bills were too high. If they had managed to keep him banged up in the 60’s he would have just been anther criminal from London?

Rigsby

Lantern Swinger
Lets not get carried away with this folks, remember a man was killed by the gang that Biggs was a member of.
FYI - Janner,

the train driver (Mr Mills) was beaten by Biggs using an metal bar which ended his career (Mr Mills's that is) and was to die sometime later of Cancer (unrelated to the head injury)

not trying to be arsey about it - just something i recently read

FYI - Janner,

the train driver (Mr Mills) was beaten by Biggs using an metal bar which ended his career (Mr Mills's that is) and was to die sometime later of Cancer (unrelated to the head injury)

not trying to be arsey about it - just something i recently read
not so.....I lived at Crewe at that time ,and new Jack Mills the train driver , who lived in Newdigate St....bit of a jobs worth by all that new him..He died of lukemia some 7 years later.....It was Hussey that coshed him. The co driver was Dave Whitby, who did as he was told, unharmed. He died of a heart attack at the young age of 35

Didn't Ronnie get pictured on a mess deck of some frigate alongside in Rio??? Seem to remember some red faces at the time as it was said he was off brazilian soil and could have been re-arrested???

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Bollocks to the hero worship of Ronnie Biggs... RIP Kirsty MacColl (10 October 1959 – 18 December 2000)

[video=youtube;j9jbdgZidu8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9jbdgZidu8[/video]

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Interesting to see so many service personnel paying their respects, but clearly Biggs had little respect for the military, as he was dishonorably discharged from the RAF after being caught during a robbery of a chemist in 1949. He was never even considered to be a decent criminal by Reynolds and many other gangs that he "worked for". In fact, while many of his peers admired him for his escape from Wandsworth Prison, they were somewhat less respectful of his criminal pedigree, ethos and forensic awareness during the incident; so much so, in fact, that many within the Train Gang and others on the periphery of the network that shared in their spoils believed his cock ups before, during and after the robbery had a direct impact on many of the gang being caught. While the media and sycophantic sections of the community pay eulogies to him, there will be some glasses being chinked in many South London pubs tonight, but for very different reasons.

Interesting to see so many service personnel paying their respects, but clearly Biggs had little respect for the military, as he was dishonorably discharged from the RAF after being caught during a robbery of a chemist in 1949. He was never even considered to be a decent criminal by Reynolds and many other gangs that he "worked for". In fact, while many of his peers admired him for his escape from Wandsworth Prison, they were somewhat less respectful of his criminal pedigree, ethos and forensic awareness during the incident; so much so, in fact, that many within the Train Gang and others on the periphery of the network that shared in their spoils believed his cock ups before, during and after the robbery had a direct impact on many of the gang being caught. While the media and sycophantic sections of the community pay eulogies to him, there will be some glasses being chinked in many South London pubs tonight, but for very different reasons.
You have now put the icing on the cake to how much I despise this man, even the Crabs didn't want him!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
Jenny_Dabber Current Affairs 2