RIP Ronnie

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by scouse, Dec 18, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So, the old bugger has finally popped his clogs. RIP Ronnie, you certainly made fools of those in high places.
  2. RIP to a career criminal and thief!
  3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Lets not get carried away with this folks, remember a man was killed by the gang that Biggs was a member of.
  4. A dead criminal.

Good. RIP my arse.
    • Like Like x 5
  5. My RIP was a sarcastic one janner (no emoticon for that), I've no time for a thief who does a runner then comes wheedling back to the UK to live off the state because he's run out of money.
  6. I suppose his son will be claiming citizenship now. The bloke was a thief and has taken every british taxpayer for mugs.

Looking forward to seeing Babs Windsor whoring herself with London's elite of bad boys.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  7. Met him in 77, he was just after any angle to make dosh as the Brazilians let him stay but would not let him work. Obviously return to UK when his cons ran out and the medical bills were too high. If they had managed to keep him banged up in the 60’s he would have just been anther criminal from London?
  8. FYI - Janner,

the train driver (Mr Mills) was beaten by Biggs using an metal bar which ended his career (Mr Mills's that is) and was to die sometime later of Cancer (unrelated to the head injury)

not trying to be arsey about it - just something i recently read
  9. not so.....I lived at Crewe at that time ,and new Jack Mills the train driver , who lived in Newdigate St....bit of a jobs worth by all that new him..He died of lukemia some 7 years later.....It was Hussey that coshed him. The co driver was Dave Whitby, who did as he was told, unharmed. He died of a heart attack at the young age of 35
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Didn't Ronnie get pictured on a mess deck of some frigate alongside in Rio??? Seem to remember some red faces at the time as it was said he was off brazilian soil and could have been re-arrested???
  11. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

12. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Bollocks to the hero worship of Ronnie Biggs... RIP Kirsty MacColl (10 October 1959 – 18 December 2000)

• Like Like x 4
  13. That song certainly gets a lot of air time at Xmastime.
  14. I've never understood what that's all about. I guess you can never underestimate the mindset of your common or garden moron.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Interesting to see so many service personnel paying their respects, but clearly Biggs had little respect for the military, as he was dishonorably discharged from the RAF after being caught during a robbery of a chemist in 1949. He was never even considered to be a decent criminal by Reynolds and many other gangs that he "worked for". In fact, while many of his peers admired him for his escape from Wandsworth Prison, they were somewhat less respectful of his criminal pedigree, ethos and forensic awareness during the incident; so much so, in fact, that many within the Train Gang and others on the periphery of the network that shared in their spoils believed his cock ups before, during and after the robbery had a direct impact on many of the gang being caught. While the media and sycophantic sections of the community pay eulogies to him, there will be some glasses being chinked in many South London pubs tonight, but for very different reasons.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. You have now put the icing on the cake to how much I despise this man, even the Crabs didn't want him!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
    • Like Like x 2

17. There, fixed that.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

How is Shane MacGowan still alive??

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren