RIP dad

Discussion in 'Nearest & Dearest' started by airwolf21, Mar 23, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, joined a while ago to ask a question regarding my father who had terminal cancer. I'm sorry to say he passed away this morning. His name was Henry Kenneth Rankin also known as paddy. He started off in HMS Ganges before serving on the alert, invincible, Cardiff(gulf war 1), Birmingham(bosnia)and stints in Collingwood and pompey dockyard. Retired as a warrant officer. He wanted an open invite to his funeral to any former shipmates. Apologies to the site admin if I've broken any rules posting this or if it's in the wrong section. If anyone here does know him and would like more details please pm me and I'll forward my details on.

2. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You're ok in this section old chap. My condolences and i'll raise a glass to another Op Granby chap sadly taken from us all.

3. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Condolences to you and your family.

4. RIP. Condolences to you and your family.

5. RIP fellow HMS Cardiff shipmate. Albeit a decade apart.

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The name Paddy Rankin rings a bell airwolf, not sure from where but it strikes a chord - what branch was he? Can you post the funeral dates when known on this thread please?

Sincere condolences to you & your family.

7. He worked on phalanx most of his career mate from when the navy first acquired the system. He went out to general dynamics in the 80s and taught it in Collingwood. Forgive me but think the branch is Weapons engineer?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ditto the above, I also served on Cardiff.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)