RIP 2Deck Dash?

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by Purple_twiglet, Dec 28, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

reports coming in from our sister site indicate that 2DD may be no more and has died.

given how much the rnr wound him up, greater love hath no man than to announce this in the RNR forum...

He's doubtless somewhere else now listening in to old sailors dits and nicking them for his own... :)
  2. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

To paraphrase Mark Twain "The reports of Ravers demise have been greatly exaggerated." :cool:
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I was just about to muster some "proper mourning" and write a eulogy of borrowed dits about him.

Ah well, shit happens:)
  4. Purple_twiglet

Oh FFS - has the little c*nt wahed us all?

Definitely getting an RNR led military funeral for that - the little so and so... :)

I wanted to do some proper remembering an everything.
  5. His funeral will be at a shipbreakers in Turkey.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Did he get death authorised six weeks in advance?
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. 2DD is alive - and has returned from an extended period of deck head inspection!
  8. Purple_twiglet

Milky bars are definitely on him...
  9. I bet he drips he had to wait for a coffin to be issued so decided to scrub round it.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. Cowboy outfit.......?
  11. Trainer

Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

Yes, the RNR...
  12. Ass-less chaps?
  13. Ageing_Gracefully

You lot are totally heartless! There is some real proper remembering going on over on ARRSE. Dibs have been placed on his boots, shotguns and wife, as it should be. You lot just have no feelings at all!
  14. We'll give him a kit auction then...

My opening bid for his steaming bats is 2p I stole off the middie, an old pussers right angle (not suitable for magazines) and lint from my favourite 8s shirt. Any higher offers?
  15. Purple_twiglet

Can I raise it with the offer of a pair of your underpants that we used as a makeshift ensign once?
  16. I can offer a sock that was found by the 2ndOOD during rounds of the stokers' mess!
  17. redmonkey

redmonkey Badgeman Book Reviewer

I already have it on good authority that I can have his wife and estate. He told me that before he died. I don't care that he is now un-dead, I will be collecting his, sorry, my stuff and moving into my estate.
  18. A Linky would have been a nice touch A_G.
  19. Ageing_Gracefully

Normally one would do so, but I realise that the users of Rum Ration are poor wee sensitive souls and I did not wish them to be exposed to a real website, as they would no doubt be irretrievably traumatised! :p
    • Funny Funny x 3
  20. Your just a big softie at heart A_G :eek:
    • Like Like x 1