Right then...

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by leon_1878, Feb 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alright there,

I've been given my entry date and all that funky business - 01/03/09.
    So it looks like I'll be down at the famous HMS Raleigh in a week or so, Can't wait!!
    Just hoping I get an OK intake ha ha... Anyone else set for the same details?

Also maybe a quick one for the lads or ladies who are in / know their stuff - My recruiter advised me I'll be back home on Easter leave after 4 or so weeks,I s this right?
    As in the Army (I'm ex Inf) recruit's don't have easter leave etc...

Cheers people,

2. Yeah, you'll have 2-3 weeks of easter leave in the middle of phase one, unlucky.
  3. No not unlucky at all mate, I can understand some people will not want the leave,as they will want to crack on with it,but I will be able to slot back in after a week or two off....Suprised that we will be getting it though,madness having the in take's so often.
  4. So Leon, how long were you in the Army?
  5. Why would you not believe him?

Raleigh easter leave is from the 3rd April for two weeks. Back on the 19th.
  6. Agree, why don't you believe him!

This is the RN not the army, the navy has no reason to lie to potential recruits.
  7. leon_1878, I will be on leave after one week!

Can you stay on camp if you wish or do you have to bugger off?
  8. Edit: Sorry wrong thread!
  9. You are not permitted to stay onboard over the leave period so you will have to bugger off.
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It's probably worth adding that if they don't give you a return Rail Warrant, the "bugger off" bit, really does mean just that.
  11. Rodger that :p