Rigging sets.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Maybe not the correct place to post this. But, to be honest, I couldn’t give two shits.
Do dabbers still wear rigging sets? Just been to my folks to clear the loft out(before they relocate to Spain), and found my set! Leather, 2 knives and spike. Which the killick spek made me.
Same as them light blue shirts we wore in the tropics. Can’t remember the name. I think the laundry blokes do them.

Only because I was watching that Duncan doc, and I didn’t see any.

Weapons free, if you wanna.

fishhead

War Hero
I never saw a dabber on boats with a rigging set, I didn't think they were allowed sharp implements ;)
I was Scratcher and casing party so wore one at Harbour Stations but not at any other time so maybe the oily half of the crew were elsewhere on those occasions. When you're working with cordage it sometimes helps to be able to cut something free.

redmonkey

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
The buffer on my unit wears his to sit at his desk.
One of the dabbers on my last ship enjoyed leather working and used to make the sets up.

crash_evans

War Hero
I had and still have mine. Hand made, was handed down to me by an ex Killick Taz from the Falklands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sgt Jobsearch Rigging Operative - London - £18,288 - £22,352 + Benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Senior Rigging Technician - London - £Competitive Salary The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
soleil Mail: 'Victory Is Mine: Our Man In The Rigging Helps Tear Apart Nelson's Mighty Ship' Bases / Shore Est 2
tommo Anyone got a rigging set they no longer need?? The Quarterdeck 6
MoD_RSS Government sets out draft agenda for a 21st century tax system MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government sets out plans to drive up smart meter installations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Universities Minister sets out support for international students MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister sets out timeline for retail to reopen in June MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Housing Secretary sets out plan to re-start housing market MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Minister for Women and Equalities Liz Truss sets out priorities to Women and Equalities Select Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government sets out plans to ensure bereaved families can attend funerals during pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government sets out plan for national effort on PPE MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chancellor sets out extra £750 million coronavirus funding for frontline charities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sellafield's Rebecca sets daily science challenges for children MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Health Secretary sets out plan to carry out 100,000 coronavirus tests a day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government sets out plans to enforce closure of businesses and other venues MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government sets out way forward on the legacy of the past in Northern Ireland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government sets out next phase of strategy to combat bovine tuberculosis MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Health Secretary sets out government “battle plan” for COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister sets out new measures to end rough sleeping MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Defra sets out review into releasing gamebirds on protected sites MoD News 0
MoD_RSS RWM sets out approach to evaluating sites for a GDF MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NDA sets out its Grand Challenges MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Environment Bill sets out vision for a greener future MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lord Ahmad sets out UK commitment to Declaration of the Stockholm International Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Environment Agency sets net zero emissions aim MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Britain's second carrier sets sail for sea trials MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM sets out plans to give the North more control of rail services MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government sets out position on shale gas exploration MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Business Secretary sets out scope of investigation into power cuts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM sets out vision to cement UK as a science superpower MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government sets out vision for a safe and biodiverse railway lineside MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Universities Minister sets out progress on access and participation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chris Skidmore sets out the first steps to establish the Robotics Growth Partnership MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government sets out next steps for opposite-sex civil partnerships MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New Justice Minister sets out whole system approach to justice reform MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Minister sets out plan for new technologies to transform public services MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Foreign Secretary sets out his vision to improve media freedom around the world MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Education Secretary sets out plan for international education MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Education Secretary sets out the importance of testing in primary school MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary sets out ambitious Defence Prosperity Programme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Government sets out key measures to tackle violence against women and girls MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Secretary of State sets out draft budget for Northern Ireland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New drone safety partnership with business launched as government sets out plans to limit drone misuse MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Justice Secretary David Gauke sets out long-term for justice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Government sets out plans to overhaul waste system MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Ethics group to oversee use of large data sets by the Home Office MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Gavin Williamson sets out vision for defence in Global Britain MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Education Secretary sets out five foundations to build character MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Education Secretary sets out vision for character and resilience MoD News 0