Rig of the Day

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by Jacque-le-douste, Jul 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Saw some Junior Rates on the BBC Wimbledon coverage, wearing a round hat & open neck white shirt? WTF is that all about. Have they run out of white fronts?
  2. This has been done before, it's No 3's. If your going back to "the old days", white fronts are only worn with No 1's
  3. Nope white fronts only worn with No's 1's.

That rig is a rig of the day No's 3's.

There's been numerous threads about this rig plus one recently on the same subject of wimbledon asking the same thing.

Well done for your search skills

Edited WreckerL got in there before me lol
  4. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

They might have run out of medication for yourself. Time to go back to sleep Jacque. :wink:
  5. I noticed this and was going to ask as well but glad someone else did....next J/R's will wear peaked caps!!!
  6. How do you apply to go to Wimbledon as part of the RN anyway, I only noticed that they were there this year and it got me thinking!
  7. witsend

:lol: Is that the first time you've seen Wimbledon?
  8. :lol: ok i may be a little unobservant at times but Im usually just watching the tennis! anyway, does anyone have an answer to the original question?
  9. witsend

Take some leave & turn up in rig at the front gates.
  10. witsend

soleil you never posted anything.
  11. :lol: done
  12. You keep a look out for RN temp memo's (This years was 001/09 Service Support to the all England Lawn Tennis Championship at Wimbledon).

You then apply to go and take leave to cover the time you are working there. You do get paid expenses whilst working there. Most people who go there, do go back year after year. When you first go don't expect to be on the better courts, but if you keep going then who knows. A friend of mine used to do it every year and really enjoyed it.

13. witsend

Should'nt have bothered deleting my post, "soleil your a spoilsport". :roll:
  14. Didn't do anything Witsend! Deleted my post and went off to do something else!
  15. witsend

I know you did, I deleted mine and so did wrecker. Opportunity lost. :wink:
  16. cheers SM. seems like a pretty gd opportunity to me. i am currently waiting for an entry date into HMS raleigh so not an issue for this years tournament anyway, but would like to do so in the future. From the outside looking in, it just seems to be lots of good opportunities for a good career, does this remain true once you join? (Im joining as an AET). Any insight would be appreciated
  17. Err, it only applies once you join.
  18. It's only a matter of time..... :roll: