Richards Trophy cancelled.

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by dunkers, Jul 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For whom it may concern, in case you haven't heard, this year's Richards Trophy competition has been cancelled due to lack of interest.

2. I'm interested Dunkers. What's it for? Could you send it by return of post please?

3. It's an annual RNR seamanship competition but this year it has been cancelled because nobody could be arrsed with it. :confused:

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Well if you were as enthusiastic about the Trophy as you were about telling RR that it was cancelled, you could have won it yourself! 8O :lol:

5. The only way I could win a seamanship competition is if nobody else entered :thumright:

6. Cruel, but I I like you!

7. Who me? or the crusher? o_O

8. sgtpepperband

I'm not cruel - I'm "Good Cop". But watch out for my mate; he's a right naasty baastard... :wink:

9. Cor! PM me with his name peps?

10. sgtpepperband

He's my twisted half-brother... he often comes out with me when we go for a 'quiet drink'... :twisted:

11. You mean "imaginary friend" :thumleft:

12. sgtpepperband

Hmm, I bet you want to be my friend - especially when I'm getting leave piped, or you're 5 minutes adrift in the morning, or sorting out your mail, or blagging my way into a flash nightclub with my warrant card! :wink:

13. Is it a sort of "my knots better than your Knot" thing?

14. sgtpepperband

no it's (k)not!! :wink:

15. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It would seem the cancellation of this prestigeous award has generated more interest than the competition for the said item.

Do I win it for the most original lateral observation?

After all it seems a shame to waste the aptly named Dicks' Trophy.

16. You absolute genius.
    THAT'S why nobody wanted to win it... :dance:

17. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

You've just thrown up a paradox Dunks.

If I accept the award, we'll have to re-title it, how's about something to do with using my head?

I've got it! "The Richard's Head Trophy"

I accept.

18. I know its in your own words dunkers...but I would say the fact that it was cancelled was more due to the poor planning and the inability of the seniors in the RNR to be able to use longcast for any other reason than to create chaos and mayhem and not lack of interest from the troops....!