RFA Ships and Classes revision...

Discussion in 'RFA' started by Njs71, Jul 1, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The beginning of my revision wall.

I find having info on paper up on the wall easier to glance over and remember than if its just on the screen.

Everything on there is from Wikipedia.

Also just so i know that my info is right. Am i correct with 13 ships in 8 classes?

Thanks all...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

3. I'm not sure about how correct the information is,but could I make a suggestion? I would get hold of a note book and write things down. From what I've read you retain information more effectively if you put pen/pencil to paper. Also you can carry a note pad around with you much easier than a wall :icon_smile: .

Just a suggestion.

Best Regards.
    • Like Like x 1

4. Exactly what i do. I have a pad on my desk that i put the cherry picked info on... ships Name, Class, compliment, weapons, capacity etc.
    I just find it easier to get that info from my wall rather than keep looking at a comp screen.

Plus i can sit in my office and stare and dream as i glance over the wall..... :icon_smile:
  5. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Don't forget the Tide class.
  6. Ninja_Stoker

...and the Point Class
  7. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Forget them, they are not RFA, whatever Wikipedia says.
  8. Aye, point class are Foreland ships
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Not in 'peace-time', anyway.^_~
  10. I have the point class down but from how i read and understand it they are just used as and when needed by the MOD... So are they still classed as an active RFA Ship?

Tide class being the four new replacements for the Rover class and Leaf class in 2016?

Thank you for all this input guys n gals..... It's invaluable to me to be able to come on here and check the info that I'm collecting.
    As i never know if Wikipedia or any number of other web sites information is totally correct.
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  11. Foreland ships? what does this mean?
  12. Foreland are a company
  13. Ahh i got ya. Thanks Bluebird
  14. Seadog

Face palm.

They are not RFAs and they are not manned by the RFA in peace or war.
  15. Ninja_Stoker

But, but, Wiki says.....
  16. Seadog

They are manned by Bibby, your link even says so.
  17. Wow - any need for the attitude? I'm trying to help the poster out here. Yes, Foreland have subcontracted out crew management to Bibby, the point is: it's not manned by RFA personnel.
  18. Seadog

A point I can and have made more accurately than you have so far.

The attitude is an accumulated reaction to your need to post on everything and anything even if only to tell readers: 'don't know, someone who does will be along in a minute.' I paraphrase- not quote.
  19. Duly noted. I shall shut my pie hole.