RFA Seamanship Apprenticeship - Application to AB.

Skylarker

Lantern Swinger
Will do- I applied yesterday so I’m just waiting for the next steps. Confused as to why they said it would only take 4 months when I called up!
im not sure but the process varies from person to person, so they may have streamlined some of the process. when i applied covid had only just kicked off so infrastructure and how business was conducted was heavily messed with.

Don't get your jabs and stuff until the RFA tell you, you'll get a job pack telling you what to do next.

Anon15643

Midshipman
im not sure but the process varies from person to person, so they may have streamlined some of the process. when i applied covid had only just kicked off so infrastructure and how business was conducted was heavily messed with.

Don't get your jabs and stuff until the RFA tell you, you'll get a job pack telling you what to do next.
Ah ok got it- thank you for the clarification! Once you applied, did you find the tests at afco and the in between bits easy to get past?

Skylarker

Lantern Swinger
The tests at the AFCO went fine, it was all pretty basic stuff, as someone who did not do great at school i was worried but i need not have. You can practice them on the navy website i believe.

Anon15643

Midshipman
The tests at the AFCO went fine, it was all pretty basic stuff, as someone who did not do great at school i was worried but i need not have. You can practice them on the navy website i believe.
Thank you for the tip- I’ll check some out. How long did it take from submitting your application to get to the tests? I’m just wondering when to start preparing for them.

Latest Threads