RFA Seamanship Apprenticeship - Application to AB.

Skylarker

Lantern Swinger
Is there a chance this could be pinned to the top of the RFA section? just think this right here answers so many questions i had when i applied and with steps along the way, im sure it would be very beneficial to everyone joining or thinking of joining.

Knocks555

Really appreciate this post thanks. Had my formal offer for Comms Apprentice Jan start last month. Anyone know what happens between now and then? I havent heard anything and the formal letter only gave me a date and a place and not much else info wise.

Really appreciate this post thanks. Had my formal offer for Comms Apprentice Jan start last month. Anyone know what happens between now and then? I havent heard anything and the formal letter only gave me a date and a place and not much else info wise.

You'll be contacted by the RFA at either Collingwood or Raleigh detailing joining instructions about a month in advance, what to bring with you, travel arrangements etc.

You'll be called a week or so before your job date to confirm your participation and be given the opportunity ask to any questions you might have.

Your first 2 weeks are likely to be at Raleigh where you'll undertake an induction alongside apprentices from deck and engineering, including functional skills courses if you aren't exempt.

If you have any questions about the apprenticeship just ping me a message.

Last edited:

Knocks555

You'll be contacted by the RFA at either Collingwood or Raleigh detailing joining instructions about a month in advance, what to bring with you, travel arrangements etc.

You'll be called a week or so before your job date to confirm your participation and be given the opportunity ask to any questions you might have.

Your first 2 weeks are likely to be at Raleigh where you'll undertake an induction alongside apprentices from deck and engineering, including functional skills courses if you aren't exempt.

If you have any questions about the apprenticeship just ping me a message.
Thanks for the info!

Anon15643

Midshipman
I’ve applied for seaman apprentice- any idea if there is a lot of demand for the job? I’m really hoping to get in- I can’t join the navy so this was the second option.

jasondoe

I’ve applied for seaman apprentice- any idea if there is a lot of demand for the job? I’m really hoping to get in- I can’t join the navy so this was the second option.

From what I have read on this forum, the Seaman apprenticeship is the most popular apprenticeship, so there is a lot of competition for it.

Latest Threads