RFA recruitment first step

GaryMose

Midshipman
Hi.

I received my first notification on the portal for an invitation for psychometric test yesterday and ordered the 'For dummies' book.
I served in the R.N for 13 years and getting itchie feet and looking forward to getting back to sea(don't tell the wife)!!

I thought I would document my recruitment journey for deckie on here in the hope that someone else may benefit.

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/careers/royal-navy-recruitment-test/mechanical-comprehension
Is there any other training aids other than the above?

Is anyone else in the same boat (per say)?

TVM.

Hiya, out of curiosity how long did you wait for an invitation for a recruit test? I’ve also applied for the RFA, have sent off my ED Certs but haven’t heard anything since...

GaryMose

Midshipman
Hi Castlebankplace95.

From submitting the application to receiving comms on the online portal - 10 days.

That said I have only received a message to say that I have been invited to do a phych' test at my local AFCO. No date as yet.

I am also trying to did out my R.N discharge certificate which they have also requested.

Hope this helps.

GaryMose

Midshipman
Hi all.

I am still waiting to receive comms ref my test at the AFCO. Been a few weeks now.

Should I call to chase it?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
B RFA 0
L RFA 2