RFA 'pressure cooker environment' fisticuffs

Subsunk

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
Confined space. Bless their dear hearts.

Mind you, every RFA rating I've ever met has been more violent than Bronson, so you have to take that into account. It'd be like messing on the violent offenders' wing at HMP Broadmoor.

When I was on the fort strange there was a few who were working their ticket. One said he had a bad back, laid down and couldn't move. They put a camp bed in the hangar and he stayed there for two days until hunger got the better of him!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

I wonder how/why the STO(N) and his trusty Deputy allowed this state to get so far. In the knowledge that their Posts are being handed to the eminently qualified and experienced Pussers, perhaps they've stopped giving a sod.

Ah yes, RFA Fort Rosalie, formerly the RFA Fort Strange.

Wonder why they re-named her?
If that isn't a bite, I remember the signal coming round at the time. Seems that MCOs around the fleet, if you can believe this, were struggling with the complexity of Fort George and Fort Grange being in service at the same time (despite them having been in service alongside each other for the best part of a decade) and repeatedly/continuously putting 1 in the signals when they meant t'other, so one got re-named. They went for the older one on the basis that it would be out of service sooner, rather than the one with the longer life expectancy.... Worked out well all round that one.

Gen dit, safeguard, 12 clips, full foulies.

If they're not sucking each other off, they're kicking the **** out of each other.

Being on RFAs was like being deployed to a mental institution. The thought of some of those blokes armed with miniguns still gives me sleepless nights.

Well apart from stabbings, and knives being drawn on people, no not really. Or perhaps I was just lucky to witness events on certain drafts... namely Cumberland and Illustrious from many moons ago.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jenny_Dabber The Fleet 3
Chalky Diamond Lil's 8
S The Fleet 18