RFA 'pressure cooker environment' fisticuffs

Discussion in 'RFA' started by SONAR-BENDER, Nov 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having spent a lot of time on them, there are some proper wierd twats on them.
  2. Agree 100%
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I was tempted to agree, but it turns out these guys were STONnery, not even RFA.
  4. Subsunk

Subsunk Badgeman Book Reviewer

Confined space. Bless their dear hearts.

Mind you, every RFA rating I've ever met has been more violent than Bronson, so you have to take that into account. It'd be like messing on the violent offenders' wing at HMP Broadmoor.
  5. When I was on the fort strange there was a few who were working their ticket. One said he had a bad back, laid down and couldn't move. They put a camp bed in the hangar and he stayed there for two days until hunger got the better of him!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  6. I wonder how/why the STO(N) and his trusty Deputy allowed this state to get so far. In the knowledge that their Posts are being handed to the eminently qualified and experienced Pussers, perhaps they've stopped giving a sod.
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Ah yes, RFA Fort Rosalie, formerly the RFA Fort Strange.

Wonder why they re-named her?
  8. If that isn't a bite, I remember the signal coming round at the time. Seems that MCOs around the fleet, if you can believe this, were struggling with the complexity of Fort George and Fort Grange being in service at the same time (despite them having been in service alongside each other for the best part of a decade) and repeatedly/continuously putting 1 in the signals when they meant t'other, so one got re-named. They went for the older one on the basis that it would be out of service sooner, rather than the one with the longer life expectancy.... Worked out well all round that one.

Gen dit, safeguard, 12 clips, full foulies.
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I rather the like Royal's version of verification which is simply "eyebrows". (ie: "They're coming off if it's not genuine"). :wink:
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Ah jackspeak, I've learnt to love it
  11. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Or the next stage up: "Robocop" :thumbleft:

12. Ironically, the first British naval casualty of GW1 was a cook on board RFA Sir Galahad (2) who was stabbed through the heart by a fellow crew member.
  13. Looking on the bright side, he was at least a sailor and not a Stonnery box kicker.
  14. If they're not sucking each other off, they're kicking the **** out of each other.

Being on RFAs was like being deployed to a mental institution. The thought of some of those blokes armed with miniguns still gives me sleepless nights.
  15. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Oooh I can't wait to get on board!!

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren
  16. Which particular comment initiates pre-wetting then ExJ?
  17. Is there lots of argy-bargy on the ships then?
  18. Well apart from stabbings, and knives being drawn on people, no not really. Or perhaps I was just lucky to witness events on certain drafts... namely Cumberland and Illustrious from many moons ago.