RFA Pay Scales

wolfsbane

Midshipman
Could someone please post a link to a website showing pay scales for RFA ratings and officers.

I apologise but I have googled this and was not able to find it. I can access pay for all 3 armed forces up to Commodore and equivalent, Royal Marines and even the SAS! But nothing for RFA personnel!!!

So firstly, thanks in advance if someone does put a link up, and secondly does anyone know why RFA pay is so secretive ?? !!!!!!

Much appreciated

Seadog

War Hero
It's been linked recently on these fora. There is no mystery, no secrecy. Just shit stirring cocks who can't Google.

In fact it looks as if- from your previous 8 posts - that you are in possession of the pay scales.

wolfsbane

Midshipman
Seadog I don't believe all of my 8 previous posts relate to pay so get your facts correct. The pay figures I have talked about in previous posts are starting salaries shown on the recruiting pages (and then no further pay information), I also found a scrap piece of paper inside an old recruiting booklet in my library which talks about bands A-C hence my post about that.

So rather than stork me or hint at me being a shit stirring cock it might be helpful to post a link for me and others interested in this topic.

But as you haven't no doubt you can't find it through google either - can you prove me wrong??

Random

Lantern Swinger
But as you haven't no doubt you can't find it through google either - can you prove me wrong??

No need to google, I have posted this stuff on these forums before! (as have others I believe, which may be why Seadog is getting a little grumpy with you)

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...a/file/560016/2016-08778_redacted_scanned.pdf

As we are government workers, our pay increases are limited to 1% per annum at the moment, therefore for 2017 just perform some simple maths.

Its not that the RFA is secretative, its more that we are obscure. The Freedom of Information act doesnt meant that this stuff gets published on a whim, however if you asked the RFA direct, via the Careers Office or posted a request via www.whatdotheyknow.com you would get the answer you were after.

Klanky67

Lantern Swinger
Thanks for the link Random. Do you know at what point does the apprentice go from an A to a B? And, can I ask quietly so Seadog doesn't hear, do they get the RFA allowance on top or is that it? I think someone's asked before but I can't find the thread.

Random

Lantern Swinger
Thanks for the link Random. Do you know at what point does the apprentice go from an A to a B? And, can I ask quietly so Seadog doesn't hear, do they get the RFA allowance on top or is that it? I think someone's asked before but I can't find the thread.

RFA Allowance is now consolidated as part of salary (that happened when we moved to the banding/framework system), as a trainee I believe the only requirement to advance is to be still breathing and pass your courses (Band B = Year 1, Band A = Year 2). However I would suspect upsetting any Donkeyman or MEO you come near would be considered a bad idea career wise; as Apprentices, like Cadets, are not guaranteed a contract on completion.

Seadog

War Hero
What is the salary of an Engineer in RFA please? It's not on the list provided by seadog
Cheers
I didn't think I'd posted a list but the pay for all ranks and rates are in the link from Random, messily presented, a few anomalies which are actually mistakes.

APP (E) is probably what you are looking for to start with,
Captain (E) is for later.