RFA - Medical & Careers

Discussion in 'RFA' started by MissValentine, Aug 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone...i'm new to this...

I'm very interested in joining the RFA as my entry into the Armed Forces did not work out as planned and my appeal was rejected after a two year battle. Anyways the RFA really appeals to me.

I would love to become involved in the Administration side of things. I have my NVQ Level 2 & 3 Advanced in Business Administration...would this count for anything?

Also I was rejected from the Armed Forces due to being treated for Asthma (my last inhalers were Nov 200 8 and also because I was sexually assualted as a child and I tried to end things in my early teenage years, so the medical staff decided I could not apply ever again. I spoke to a high rating member of staff at the AFCO office about RFA and he said I would have to wait four years is this correct for Asthma to be clear? Would the other problem also stop me getting in? The AFCO officer does not seem to think this would stop me.

Also I have looked on the RFA website but it does not tell me anything about Admin jobs - Can anyone give me advice on any of this? Much appreicated.
  2. Miss Valentine

Welcome to Rum Ration.

I would suggest that you write to RFA Recruitment in Portsmouth:

Royal Fleet Auxiliary Recruitment Office
    Captain Naval Recruitment HQ
    Room G-13
    Building 1/080
    Jago Road
    HMNB Portsmouth
    PO1 3LU