RFA Logistics Supply Officer, specific and general questions

Discussion in 'RFA' started by cornish, Nov 24, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking to join up as LSO. It states in requirements about having specific qualifications, yes I know I can phone the direct line but it isn't currently open and I was looking to fact check before I made the call if at all possible. Anyway, it states For direct entry, you’ll need a HND or equivalent in Business, Hospitality and Catering or Logistics.

I have a HND in Computer Technology and AAT level 4 Diploma in Acccounting, anyone know if this will be sufficient?

Additionally I know the services generally have a minimum term of service, is this applicable to RFA? As I can find absolutely no information regarding this whatsoever. What for example happens if you pass training get assigned then find 3 months on a ship really isn't for you? Or if a year in you find a land based job elsewhere fits your circumstances better or something? Not foreseeing this particularly but I want to have all my bases covered, do have a family to think of.

Cheers for any input.

2. Honestly they only answer about qualification I would trust would be from the direct phone line. I know your excited, get some sleep and phone them in the morning.

As for the terms of service - It might be totally different for officers, but though it was mentioned as I was recruited - I never heard/saw anything about it after that. In my training group we have had three leave, two for medical and one because it wasn't for him - and nothing was said. I have heard similar from different training groups.

I think they might pull you up if you join ship for a month then demand to leave because your starting a new job, but the seem to be generally understanding about the realities of the job if you give them plenty of notice.