Rfa joining questions

Anon15643

Midshipman
Hello,

I’ve tried to do digging and to no avail has anyone posted about my questions I have- a couple days after applying I got a call off my afco giving me a date for my test. I have it April 27th. Anyone got any tips on practicing for it? Also- when do you get the results and told when you go through to sift? Thanks

JBM

When I did mine about 6 years ago, I got a recruitment test practice book from Amazon. It's still available. Certainly got my speed up to the necessary standard. During the whole recruitment, they are looking for people who go the extra mile. For example, researching and revising for your interview.

Anon15643

Midshipman
When I did mine about 6 years ago, I got a recruitment test practice book from Amazon. It's still available. Certainly got my speed up to the necessary standard. During the whole recruitment, they are looking for people who go the extra mile. For example, researching and revising for your interview.
I have purchased the one that was recommended by my afco, is sift an interview or do they just look at a sheet of paper? Thanks

Anon15643

Midshipman
I know there’s a time limit- if you don’t answer all of them does this effect the test ?

Notyourrealname

Midshipman
I know there’s a time limit- if you don’t answer all of them does this effect the test ?
I did my RT today, was really hard, we were told that you don't get marked down if you answer any wrong so better to guess some answers if you don't know rather than leave it blank! Was told we would find out Friday but got sent an email to tell me that I had passed! Good luck with yours!

Anon15643

Midshipman
I did my RT today, was really hard, we were told that you don't get marked down if you answer any wrong so better to guess some answers if you don't know rather than leave it blank! Was told we would find out Friday but got sent an email to tell me that I had passed! Good luck with yours!
Thank god for that- cheers! Hope yours went well... after this, do we do sift ?

Notyourrealname

Midshipman
Yeah so with the email tell me I had passed I got a form questions such as why RFA, why your branch that kind of thing. And I also got one on the portal about unspent convictions. I've got three weeks to send it back, and then we get sifted and then I guess get told if we have an interview

Anon15643

Midshipman
Yeah so with the email tell me I had passed I got a form questions such as why RFA, why your branch that kind of thing. And I also got one on the portal about unspent convictions. I've got three weeks to send it back, and then we get sifted and then I guess get told if we have an interview
Ahh ok- thanks for the intel. Was the rt test that hard ?

Notyourrealname

Midshipman
Ahh ok- thanks for the intel. Was the rt test that hard ?

Not overly, just read it carefully as there is a few questions that will catch you out if you speed read. The math one I struggled with, I have always found fractions hard. The easiest one by far was the mechanical comprehension, but I've always been interested in that sort of thing.

Anon15643

Midshipman
Not overly, just read it carefully as there is a few questions that will catch you out if you speed read. The math one I struggled with, I have always found fractions hard. The easiest one by far was the mechanical comprehension, but I've always been interested in that sort of thing.
Cheers- I’ve been doing a lot of practice so fingers crossed! Let me know how you get on with sift !