RFA engineering interview

Symes97

Hi mate I’ve got my interview for an apprentice engineer next week, just wondering when you say current deployments are they going to ask where a specific ship is right then and there or do they mean stuff like operation Kipion and Baltic protector as in why they’re there and what they do.

also I come from an electrical background but nothing much engineering wise, what sort of things will they ask in that regard? Cheers mate

Jago

Midshipman
I did my sift interview six years ago now, but I think the general line of questioning remains the same. If you get swept up on what taskings/ operations/ deployments the RFA undertake, why and what ships fulfill the roles you should be alright. They might ask you for a rough overview of where the ships currently are too, but the two questions aren't mutually exclusive. For example, Cardi is fulfilling the Op Kipion tasking because she's an LSD(A) and therefore has a significant cargo capacity and has the ability to raft up with MCMVs. Tiderace is undertaking CTF320 because she's a fast fleet tanker. Meanwhile, Vicky and Spring are supporting the CSG because they fulfill the logistical requirements.

Symes97

I did my sift interview six years ago now, but I think the general line of questioning remains the same. If you get swept up on what taskings/ operations/ deployments the RFA undertake, why and what ships fulfill the roles you should be alright. They might ask you for a rough overview of where the ships currently are too, but the two questions aren't mutually exclusive. For example, Cardi is fulfilling the Op Kipion tasking because she's an LSD(A) and therefore has a significant cargo capacity and has the ability to raft up with MCMVs. Tiderace is undertaking CTF320 because she's a fast fleet tanker. Meanwhile, Vicky and Spring are supporting the CSG because they fulfill the logistical requirements.
Thanks mate that’s really helpful actually.

any advice for the more general interview questions. What I mean is; is there anything they or definitely do not want to hear? I heard about a time where someone went on a bit much about the travelling the world part of the job and they really didn’t like that. Cheers.

Hi mate I’ve got my interview for an apprentice engineer next week,
Hello mate, all the best for your interview I hope it went/goes well for you.
By any chance do you remember how long it took to hear back from them once your initially submitted your request for the application?

cheers

Jamarse

Badgeman
any advice for the more general interview questions. What I mean is; is there anything they or definitely do not want to hear?

One of the first questions they asked me was if I would be frequenting the bar on board. I took this to mean one of two things - am I a social person, or am I a pisshead. :)

Hi all

Newbie here looking for some advice, I have my interview next week for an engineering apprenticeship, i've been doing a fair bit of research after being advised by the recruitment team to look into the following topics
- The rfa
- The job role
- Apprentice core and secondary roles
- Training pipeline
- Deployments
- Competency based interviews

I have a reasonable understanding of what the job will entail, however I'm pursuing a complete career change from a joiner to an engineer and the Problem is I'm finding it difficult to source any decent detailed info on the job role and/or the apprentice core and secondry roles other than what the website provides. Any ideas of where to find some good information and any advice for interview would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance ☺
hi ive got my interview in a few days any tips for preparing for it i have a bit of experience with mechanics and cars thats about it. and what do they ask you in your interview?

bobbybrown

Lantern Swinger
hi ive got my interview in a few days any tips for preparing for it i have a bit of experience with mechanics and cars thats about it. and what do they ask you in your interview?
Learn about the RFA, there ships and where they operate.
What do you enjoy about engineering and why the RFA.
Research the pros and the cons of the RFA and what you hope to gain from the apprenticeship.
Study your strengths and weaknesses also.

Learn about the RFA, there ships and where they operate.
What do you enjoy about engineering and why the RFA.
Research the pros and the cons of the RFA and what you hope to gain from the apprenticeship.
Study your strengths and weaknesses also.
im looking at they different class of ships they asked about deployment what do they mean by that?

Latest Threads