RFA engineering interview

Hi all

Newbie here looking for some advice, I have my interview next week for an engineering apprenticeship, i've been doing a fair bit of research after being advised by the recruitment team to look into the following topics
- The rfa
- The job role
- Apprentice core and secondary roles
- Training pipeline
- Deployments
- Competency based interviews

I have a reasonable understanding of what the job will entail, however I'm pursuing a complete career change from a joiner to an engineer and the Problem is I'm finding it difficult to source any decent detailed info on the job role and/or the apprentice core and secondry roles other than what the website provides. Any ideas of where to find some good information and any advice for interview would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance ☺

OG1NBZ

How did you get on with your interview? I have a n interview coming up and was hoping you could give me some tips? I hope to be accepted as a qualified Sys Engineer. Many thanks in advance.

Hi mate,
How did you get on with your interview? I have a n interview coming up and was hoping you could give me some tips? I hope to be accepted as a qualified Sys Engineer. Many thanks in advance.

Yeah it went well thankfully, was offered the role and given a provisional january start date, have finished almost all entry requirements and i'm just waiting on sc now and my discharge book from MCA which is taking longer than usual due to current circumstances. With regards to any tips the best advice is to have plenty info on the Rfa mate, i was asked a fair bit about their ships, what they do, and current deployments. Also asked a bit about engineering but you'll have that covered being qualified already to be honest the two interviewers were brilliant mate so i'm sure you'll do well. Best of luck

hello all, just wanting to pick someone’s Brains..... I’ve recently submitted for a application form for a RFA seaman apprenticeship, I have some experience on boats and I have qualifications like STCW95, ENG1 and a boat masters license(not too sure if the BML will help me much), I was wondering if anyone has recently received there application and if so how long did it roughly take, any fitness tests involved during the training, is the psychometric test similar to the RN one.

Hi mate

Sorry i can't quite remember how long it took but i sat the psychometric test around 2 months after i first applied, i believe it's the same as the RN one, no fitness test required just an Eng1 medical to sit and then provide the certificate before starting training,

Jamarse

Badgeman
and a boat masters license(not too sure if the BML will help me much),
If it's MCA commercially endorsed, it will help indeed. I applied Dec 2019 and I am starting Apr this year, and as a work boat skipper I think this experience / qualifications stood me in good stead, if nothing else it demonstrates abilities that can be applied to larger vessels.