Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

RFA engineering apprenticeship

Hi I’ve recently just done my psychometric test for the RFA and was wondering what sort of questions I’m going to be asked in the interview and how I should prepare for it

Hi I’ve recently just done my psychometric test for the RFA and was wondering what sort of questions I’m going to be asked in the interview and how I should prepare for it

Assuming you get through the sift and get invited to interview, you will be asked what you know about the RFA, what they do and where in the world they operate. Learn about the ship names, their pennant numbers, crew size and their role (eg tanker, solid support ship, etc) You will be asked why the RFA and why engineering. You may be asked what you know about the training.
Use google, wikipedia and the search function on this forum. There is a wealth of info in posts from people’s own experiences of ‘the interview’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Know the ships names etc. Crew sized etc etc. Take evidence of engineering expereince. Theyll show you some pics and you have to identify what they are

Hi everyone has anyone heard if they have a interview?
I took my psychometric test late last year and was told had passed that and now waiting to find out about interview. Knowing the MOD/civil service and how slow the cogs whirr Im personally not expecting to hear anything until at least next week when they come off Chrimbo leave. Was told if successful from next stage would probably have interview in March. Being and old git (57) and ex RN Im used to the wait. Just be patient they'll let you know in due course.

Well the wait took longer than originally expected but no real surprise there! Got my letter last week to say I have an interview and no surprises its not until May. At least it gives me some time to prepare.

Latest Threads