rfa engineering apprentice 2016

Discussion in 'RFA' started by hjohnson6734, Jul 2, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello , I did my RT a month ago , found out I had passed a few days later by letter. Which then told me the sift process and could be months . I'm just wondering do I receive email or written conformation of getting through , also roughly the time to maybe hear back and when the intake dates are for engineering? Many thanks H

2. You're probably better off just calling the RFA recruitment office. If anyone's able to give you a definitive answer rather than just speculation, it'll be them.

3. Cheers , I'll give them a bell Monday just didn't want to come pushy as says it could take months for a reply

4. They should at least be able to give you a better idea of the sift happens and when you can expect to hear back from them. I initially applied for the eng apprenticeship last Jan, sat the RT in Feb and didn't get a response until Aug. (which was irritating, because they rejected my application and told me to apply for the cadetship. It was a bloody long wait just for that..)
    But they've been very helpful any time I've ever called or e-mailed them with questions or for clarifications.

5. Hey- I'm waiting to hear if I've got through the sift. Engineer Apprentice
    Really hope I have an interview
    Anyone else in the same position? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. hi, I am undergoing the same process for the RFA engineering apprenticeship, After phoning the RFA recruitment office yesterday,they confirmed the sift has taken place and we could find out in the next 1-2 weeks if we have got a interview.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks Greenwood22..... everything crossed. I wonder how many people have applied? Really want to get in ...
    thanks

8. Keep me informed
    Good luck

9. I've got a interview on October 4th can't wait. Keep your eyes peeled for a big brown envelope.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Well done!
    Did you get the letter today?
    Haven't had any letter yet either way........

11. It came yesterday you should hear something this week or maybe next week. Good luck and prepare for your interview.

12. Got an interview! So happy!!!!!!!
    Will concentrate on preparing for it now
    Good luck mate

13. Congratulations, all the best for your interview.

14. My son applied and had his RT and passed it in March, he recieved a letter last Friday informing him of his interview which is beginning of October. Hope this helps sort of? Lol
    Thanks

15. Thanks everyone - preparing for interview now
    Any tips?

16. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Read through the RFA sub-forum, there are several threads about interviews. There is even one called Engineering Apprentice interview.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Also make sure you send the RFA a confirmation email

18. Thanks you two. Sent the confirmation email already and have gone through every available thread!
    Just wondered if anyone had any advice
    Thanks for your help

19. Thanks exjenny- can't find that thread...

20. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer