RFA engineer Apprentice

Does anyone happen to know the next intake dates or current waiting lists for a engineer apprentice in the RFA. Also I’ve seen some older threads saying that it’s very difficult to pass the sift for engineering, is that still the case or are they in need of engineers?

Try this number 02392628602 PERSOPS CAPABILITY MANAGER he should be able to direct you. The interview process is the same as the RN Engineers I think.

I’ve started the application process myself. I’ve passed my RT. Just waiting for my sift interview. Which I should hear by October if successful or not. I’m already a qualified welder/ fabricator but no maritime experience! What are my chances?

Leechy no I don’t unfortunately but I have electrical experience and am currently at college doing electrical installation. Luckily I already done the RT so I don’t need to re-sit.

Seadog

War Hero
Does anyone happen to know the next intake dates or current waiting lists for a engineer apprentice in the RFA. Also I’ve seen some older threads saying that it’s very difficult to pass the sift for engineering, is that still the case or are they in need of engineers?
Being ‘in need’ doesnt mean standards will drop to fulfil that need.

I understand ( but don’t know) that the RFA struggle to recruit and retain Engineer Officers, applications for Engineering Apprentice positions are oversubscribed, hence the ‘difficulty’ in being among those chosen.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T RFA 5
M RFA 10
R RFA 1